Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Bluffnaked

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
HID question

Do I need those reflector things inside the headlight assembly, or can those be removed? Little metal things that reflect the light to the back of the assembly then shines the light out on the road, is the best way I can describe it.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Bluffnaked

Ok if no one seems to know the answer to that question, how about the little white light bulbs inside the headlight compartment. sits down the the left and right of the main bulb. I just got my lights installed and with those on it looks funny.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffnaked View Post
Do I need those reflector things inside the headlight assembly, or can those be removed? Little metal things that reflect the light to the back of the assembly then shines the light out on the road, is the best way I can describe it.
Unless your putting projectors in, then leave the reflectors. Without them you'll be blinding everyone and your lights will shine all over the place.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Bluffnaked

Yeah I kind of figured that on my own, I waited till dark and looked and figured they were still needed, but thanks anyway. Went for a test drive and got flashed quite a bit in on a short drive. Man I would have paid money to know what they were thinking when I flashed the brights on em lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Yes, be kind and don't cause any accidents. lol

The best thing to do is either buy the projectors from Garm and retro-fit, or buy some new housings on fleabay (I just got my black projectors in and they seem to be of good quality).
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote