Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Hi all, new here. Wanted to ask a few things

Hi all. I just wanted to stop by and ask a few questions. Like these:

1. What all performance mods can be done to a yaris engine, that will not hurt the fuel economy?

2. How much do you think I should pay for a 2008 yaris 4 door sedan? In decent shape, with 50k miles on it?

3. How road noisy are the yaris sedans? I will probly end up doing some sound deadening, such as Dynamat.

4. If I do manage to get into a yaris, which lowering springs should I buy? I can't stand the rake/stance/ride height that it has from the factory. I have to get rid of some of that gap between the fender and the wheels. At least an inch in the rear, and maybe a half inch in the front? Maybe y'all could make some recommendations in regards to this? Maybe a kit that comes with new shocks?

5. What are some good aftermarket companies, that cater to the yaris?

Oh and I am in Texas, if that helps at all. Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:09 AM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Most Engine Mods will help with fuel economy , providing the right foot
does not get carried away
best place for parts
http://shop.microimageonline.com/main.sc
http://www.microimageonline.com/forums/

enjoy , check out some of the cars in here
go to the Garage Page
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw

hahaha, welcome to YW.

1. What all performance mods can be done to a yaris engine, that will not hurt the fuel economy?
-Basic bolt on mods shouldn't hurt FE as long as you drive the same. If you mash on the gas more to hear the mods, then that's when you'll lose gas mileage.

2. How much do you think I should pay for a 2008 yaris 4 door sedan? In decent shape, with 50k miles on it?
-Check out kbb.com for this.

3. How road noisy are the yaris sedans? I will probly end up doing some sound deadening, such as Dynamat.
-Not very. It's about the same as every other car out there. It also depends on the tires you have on the car.

4. If I do manage to get into a yaris, which lowering springs should I buy? I can't stand the rake/stance/ride height that it has from the factory. I have to get rid of some of that gap between the fender and the wheels. At least an inch in the rear, and maybe a half inch in the front? Maybe y'all could make some recommendations in regards to this? Maybe a kit that comes with new shocks?
-You might be interested in the TRD springs or Eibach springs.
-For new shocks, get the Tokico blues.

-There's a bunch, but you can get everything you need from microimage.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
I have an automatic 2008 yaris sedan, if you thought about getting a manual (if its an automatic) get the manual, I regret getting an automatic haha

Just as said before, mostly bolt-on's, my car uses a little more gas now thats because I use gas more than usual haha, but it depends on how you drive you will get a set mpg, i usually go about 350 miles before my tank is empty

Well I have a 2008 4 door sedan, with 50,000 miles on it haha, I say around $8,000 for my car to sell, thats with about 2 dings, minor scratches, and a small minor chip in the driver window, so figure if the sedan your looking at is better than mine i say no more than $9,750
I have gotten used to the noise with the tires that came with my car. Then I upgraded to Toyo TPT's and it reduced the road noise a little but just get some nice speakers and blast your music you won't care

TRD lowering springs give it a nice drop not big I don't think on the sedan, I have the TEIN S-techs and it dropped my sedan very low, I didn't even reconize it, I used to be able to fit my fist and more between the gap and now only 1 finger I can fit in the gap, I have 15" rims and I don't rub, only if I hit a hard pot hole or of some sort
TRD, TEIN, etc, everyone is different, but yea as said before shop at microimage
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Thank you for the recommendations, guys! BennyLava (ha, funny name) I have most of the brands mentioned in stock for the Yaris and I'm happy to talk about what products are best suited for your driving style and needs.

I don't carry TRD (they don't serve 3rd party resellers), but I can all the other brands for you. My direct line is (818) 457-1091
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #6
BennyLava

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Thank you for the recommendations, guys! BennyLava (ha, funny name) I have most of the brands mentioned in stock for the Yaris and I'm happy to talk about what products are best suited for your driving style and needs.

I don't carry TRD (they don't serve 3rd party resellers), but I can all the other brands for you. My direct line is (818) 457-1091
What would you do for a medium drop on the yaris? 1 inch?

Does Eibach make a complete lowering kit for the yaris? I trust them because their whole claim to fame used to be "We won't change your ride quality". Which is a big deal to me.

What engine/transmission mods would you suggest, that will not hurt gas mileage at all? Perhaps even improve upon it. I mean, we all know that if you get into ported heads and new cams and all that, your gas mileage goes way down lol. What all can I do that either will not have any effect on gas mileage, or will boost it up a little bit?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:11 AM   #7
Wita09

Drives: 09 Yaris Hatchback
Medium drop for the Yaris is I think around 1 inch, I have Tanabe NF210 and I'm happy with it, no rubbing at all with 195 50 16 with 40 offsett rims and almost doesn't change the quality of ride. Try logging in at microimageonline.com, have the best price for this.
Wita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #8
BennyLava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wita09 View Post
Medium drop for the Yaris is I think around 1 inch, I have Tanabe NF210 and I'm happy with it, no rubbing at all with 195 50 16 with 40 offsett rims and almost doesn't change the quality of ride. Try logging in at microimageonline.com, have the best price for this.
Sweet thanks. Say, do you think you can post a pic of your yaris for me?
Old 02-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
Wita09

Drives: 09 Yaris Hatchback
i hoped this will give an idea, you can go to this forums photo video media gallery section/ member rides/ page 50 for more pics of my car, by the way, i got my car lowered 8 months ago, i'm still on stock shocks, they said my shocks mights not last for a few months but up to now my shocks are still in perfect condition. maybe because it's just a mild/medium drop. in the future if ever my shocks gives way i will get tokito blues also from microimageonline.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3404Reduced.JPG (145.8 KB, 113 views)

Last edited by Wita09; 02-07-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Wita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #10
BennyLava

Sorry to necro a thread, but I finally got a yaris. A year and a half later LOL.

Its a 2009 sedan with 39K miles on it. I love the car so far. But does anyone know how big the stock fuel tank is? How many gallons does it hold?
Old 07-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #11
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
according to this, it is 11.1 gallons. there again, I just did a search. I thought mine was 10 gallons but maybe I was wrong.

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Toyota-Yaris-2009/specs-mpg/
Old 07-15-2011, 11:38 PM   #12
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
Sorry to necro a thread, but I finally got a yaris. A year and a half later LOL.

Its a 2009 sedan with 39K miles on it. I love the car so far. But does anyone know how big the stock fuel tank is? How many gallons does it hold?

User Manual ..................................... 11.1 gallons
Actual Fuel Capacity (+ filler pipe) ...... 12.8 gallons

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25389

-toy

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote