Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
awesome, CarboTech is the shizzle for brakes!!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #20
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
awesome, CarboTech is the shizzle for brakes!!
please don't ever say that word again, it just doesn't sound right
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #21
metalshark
MetalShark

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Just a couple more tips for the M8 forcing screws. 1) blow out or tap the M8 holes before using them. 2) Be sure to use anti-seize on the threads of the forcing screws. 3) Put some pre-load torque on the screws, Then go around the rotor beating on it. If you alternate between tightening the jacking screws and beating on the rotor no rust can defeat you. A little heat on the rotor bore never hurts either if you happen to have a "hot wrench" (oxy-acetylene torch).
Absolutely red, Drawtite hitch, CAI, Insulated Header, Amsoil 5w-30, Mag-drain plug, Red-Line MT-90 tranny oil, Scotch-Guard, Window Tint, Dash rug, Custom short throw shifter, Lowered OEM arm rest, Super-Turbo muffler/w chrome slash cut tip., TRD rear sway bar, sticky pads, front shock tower bar, RS grill badge, VVT-i emblems, Second tire set from Tirerack.com, DISABLED DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS, platform- style locking custom bike rack. 86K miles so far. 5 years use now on ceramic wrapped insulated stainless-steel header.
metalshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #22
Kawika No Ka 'Oi
I've made a post!

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Base
Has anyone determined that M8 bolts will in FACT fit the threaded rotor holes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkuchta View Post
For like 30 min. I talked to a tech at Toyota Glendora this morning and hes said that one of both rotors sticking is pretty common, and that there are two M8 threaded holes in the rotor that I can use to force the rotor off of the spindle. I can't wait to try it!
Kawika No Ka 'Oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #23
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika No Ka 'Oi View Post
Has anyone determined that M8 bolts will in FACT fit the threaded rotor holes?
I have a couple of bolts that I use, but I don't have access to them at the moment to check. Most Japanese cars use M8x1.25, but for some reason I want to say that the Yaris uses fine pitch (M8x1.0). Just buy yourself two of each to be safe.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #24
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Tried to replace the front rotors today, and ran into the same problem with rotors rusted to the hub. Neither one of the front rotors wanted to came off. I tied the BFH method, but no luck. I also suspect the threads of the jacking-bolt holes are rusted to the point where if I try to use jacking screws, they'll just strip right out...

For now i've changed out the pads, but the rotors are warped and I want to change them out as well.

Any other suggestions on what I can try?
Old 02-27-2016, 09:41 PM   #25
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Big hammer give it a good hit from behind or bolts in front to push rotators off...but one good hit with hammer works great lol

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote