Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-14-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
just bought a new samsung LED TV

thought id share my thoughts for anyone wanting to know about a UN46C6300

AWESOME!!!!!! my brother has an lg tv with 'TRUMOTION' and whatever else. it's like a maxed out tv without the netflix and internet....but any way, my tv blows his drawers off and he even admited he was jealous.

ok, now im over that, the tv is awesome. clear, clean, smooth, and standard settings from the box arent bad. i changed a few things because i have fluorescent lights and such...but things are good. very few changes to basic settings

second, i can't find any 'professional' settings on the internet. i got the TV yesterday and the guy at best buy said it was a new tv. i opted not to get the next level up because it wasnt worth 400 bux for netflix and internet built in. this one has usb and if i'm serious about it i can get an N adapter and plug it in.

it took me about an hour to get the tv out of the box, set up the stand, mount the tv to the stand and get it going. most of that was wifey bugging me and me being completely OCD about setup even though it's temporary. i'm using a custom built book shelf as a tv stand. it's too high and not wide enough to get the speakers on there with the tv. but it works for now.

my old tv was a samsung DLP tv and it was good for what it did and where it was. but when we switch from length wise to width wise room, the tv was too big. it gave me headaches to try n watch it. but this new tv is amazing.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Nice tv. You won't find professional settings on the net because you don't have access as an end user to the menu required to program them. If you were to google and find out how to get in to said menu, you would void your warranty. If you google "hd calibration," they do it @ Best Buy and don't void the warranty, but I don't know what they charge anymore, and you have to put 100 hours on the tele before you have them come out.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
200 at best buy...not worth it.

there are a few stats for the 55" version that i used...and it got it in the ballpark....but someone out there likes really dark tv's. they had brightness on level 4. i have brightness on level 16 or 18...much brighter. and they had the warm mode on...made everyone look sunburnt. i set it on cool and everything else pretty much in place and it's awesome.

halo looks amazing, blu-ray looks amazing......tv looks amazing. i'm using timewarner and i really dont like their cable box. just the whole setup is looking like it came out of the 80's. like windows 3.x in a box lol. but, it looks really grainy on cable. and it's slow to react. and i know it's not the tv because xbox doesnt do it and neither does blueray.

but for 1000 with free buy-back....it was definitely worth it. my samsung DLP was no match for this thing.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Samsung definately is what to get if your getting an LED set IMO.

I have my eye on a Samsung LED but, my old Samsung CRT HD is still going strong and I hate to give it up.
However, the newer LEDs do look beautiful!

Last edited by RedRide; 02-15-2011 at 12:39 AM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
If you check out AVSforums, I'm sure it will probably show up there eventually.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote