Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
New wheel with new Tire Pressure Sensor, TMPS Light ON

Hi All,
Recently, my son hit a curb so hard while learning to drive my 09 yaris 3 door that it bent the rim. I went to a junk yard and pulled another steel wheel off of another yars id took it to a tire place and they swapped the rubber and put the new wheel on the car.

Having not used the car, I did not realize until days later that mt TPMS light was on and realized they forgot to move the TPMS sensor to the new wheel! I called the tire place and they were very apologetic but they had alreay gotten rid of the old wheel and with it, the sensor. They very kindly gave me a new sensor and put it in the wheel. However, my TPMS light is still and forever on. It blinks for a little while when I start the car, and then stays on solid.

Is this because they did not program the sensor for the car? Is there a way for me to do that?

Thanks!
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:59 PM   #2
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
Hi All,
Recently, my son hit a curb so hard while learning to drive my 09 yaris 3 door that it bent the rim. I went to a junk yard and pulled another steel wheel off of another yars id took it to a tire place and they swapped the rubber and put the new wheel on the car.

Having not used the car, I did not realize until days later that mt TPMS light was on and realized they forgot to move the TPMS sensor to the new wheel! I called the tire place and they were very apologetic but they had alreay gotten rid of the old wheel and with it, the sensor. They very kindly gave me a new sensor and put it in the wheel. However, my TPMS light is still and forever on. It blinks for a little while when I start the car, and then stays on solid.

Is this because they did not program the sensor for the car? Is there a way for me to do that?

Thanks!
the dealer has to reprogram new ones.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote