Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
boeduur
I've made a post!

Drives: Silver Yaris '07
Aux Input Trouble

Hi folks,

I have an '07 Yaris, CD-player only, but Aux Input installed.

When I plug my MP3 player into the Aux Input, however, nothing plays. It seems like I can't choose the Aux Input on the radio panel. I have a "Disc * Aux" button, but when I press it nothing happens.

I popped open the Aux panel under the e-brake, and the Aux IS wired. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Boe
boeduur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Try another cable. When the cable is plugged in it triggers a switched input to the radio that tells it that an AUX source is connected.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
TLW

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Might be a problem

I have the same problem... I bought my car brand new in 2007. Got my ipod in 2009. 2 weeks ago, the aux hole (as I've commonly termed it) randomly stopped working. The ipod shows that it's playing, but something's not right with the wiring. I took it to the dealer (which I never do) thinking they could help. They told me $240 to fix it, I said no way, and called Toyota Customer Service. They were very kind, and said someone would contact me within 2 days to see if they could resolve the issue. *Of course* since my car is 4 yrs old and has over 50,000 miles on it, it's not under warranty.
I called yesterday and haven't heard back yet. I suggest you call too, it was very easy to get through to a person. Maybe if we all bring attention to this issue they will do something about it. I just don't think it's fair for such a minor thing to cost so much. If they can't help, I may just buy a new/used radio with an aux hole and replace the whole thing for a lot less than $240!
TLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Here's something you can try before swapping parts out. Chances are that the switching mechanism inside of the aux jack has failed from being flexed too many times. You can bypass it by connecting a 2.2K ohm resistor between Pin 4 (Aux Input) Red Wire and Pin 5 (Aux Ground) Gray Wire (on a liftback AUX jack) or Pin 3 (Audio and Aux Ground) Black Wire and Pin 4 (Aux Input) Red Wire on a Sedan AUX jack.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
TLW

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Wow, thanks! I have no idea how to do that, but I will share the info with my usual local car guy and see if he can fix it for me. We'll see how it goes!
TLW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, aux, input, stereo