Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-24-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
WD-40
07 Yaris RS

Drives: Red 07 Yaris RS
TSB's

Can we get a Sticky for TSB's that can be printed.
It would make life a little easier when dealing with ignorant dealerships that refuse to admit that they exist.
I tried to get the cat replaced, and they basically said thats like a $2000 part so not likely to replace that.
They might look at a few other things to cure it tho, what ever that means.
Oh and i should change gas, even tho I run Chevron which they recommended.
I'm not impressed with them at all, after I bought the car they don't have the time of day for me.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #2
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
What's a TSB ?
HTM Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:25 PM   #3
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
What's a TSB ?
Technical Service Bulletin...basically if the car needs a repair from something they fucked at assembly they'll put this out so that you take your car to any toyota dealership and they have to fix no questions asked
YamilR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #4
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamilR View Post
... so that you take your car to any toyota dealership and they have to fix no questions asked
Well, that's the THEORY, anyway. Practice can be a little different, but if you have the thing printed, you are 99.9% certain of being able to make them comply.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Thanks . Where can I read these TSB's ?
HTM Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Well, that's the THEORY, anyway. Practice can be a little different, but if you have the thing printed, you are 99.9% certain of being able to make them comply.
+1

What there supposed to do is check these updates via your vin when the vehicle comes in for service (so saith my stealership). With that in mind if you car does not come in for service then you will not be notified unless there is a mandated recall.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
I tried to get the cat replaced, and they basically said thats like a $2000 part so not likely to replace that.
HOLY CRAP!!! Dude, the one for my Vibe (aka Matrix) was quoted as $700 to replace, and I thought THAT was expensive! I've heard you can get them at muffler shops for around $3-400. I'd get the hell away from that dealership!

~YR
Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #8
GuySmily

Drives: 2005 Toyota MR2
That much for a new cat? I only paid $100. Shop around =p
GuySmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:17 AM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Keep in mind that your warranty applies at every Toyota dealership in the country. If you can't get decent service at the one you bought the car at, screw 'em! Take your patronage somewhere else!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:39 PM   #10
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
So where can we get a list of these TSBs?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:47 PM   #11
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD-40 View Post
Can we get a Sticky for TSB's that can be printed.
It would make life a little easier when dealing with ignorant dealerships that refuse to admit that they exist.
They might look at a few other things to cure it tho, what ever that means.
Oh and i should change gas, even tho I run Chevron which they recommended.
I'm not impressed with them at all, after I bought the car they don't have the time of day for me.
I recall seeing something about an upper cat. I had a problem that seemed similar to the TSB, but it wasn't that bad and it eventually went away on its own. Plus, I didn't want dealers to mess with original component, especially if there's nothing wrong with it.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:12 AM   #12
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
So where can we get a list of these TSBs?
I would really like to know this as well. If there's something on the web that's free to use it must be very hidden because googling different things kept bringing me about to all sorts of different sites that seemed shady and wanted me to pay to view the TSB's. one site had the same TSB's listed atleast three times each in the same search result.

Rockland, you got something?
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:01 PM   #13
RogueYaris

Bump, I'm still curious!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Excuse me for being confused, but all ya gotta do is search on "tsb" on this forum.

Here's the link to the cat. converter. Just had mine done. Just print it out and tell them to fix it. Period. They have to. And by the way, it's an $800 part, not $2,000. They are trying to hustle you out of one.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&highlight=tsb

jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:09 PM   #15
BlueFlash
wa do dem

Drives: 2007 blue Lb
under the emitions laws dealers and manufactures must warranty cats and o2 sensors up to 80k miles they can get in deep shit for not doing so but they still hastle consumers
Old 05-31-2007, 06:36 PM   #16
RogueYaris

I'm not asking about any one specific TSB. I would like to know where I can go to get up to date information about the TSB's. I can search the forums all day and it will not do me any good if someone hasn't posted something that toyota has released.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:41 AM   #17
jlift

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYaris View Post
I'm not asking about any one specific TSB. I would like to know where I can go to get up to date information about the TSB's. I can search the forums all day and it will not do me any good if someone hasn't posted something that toyota has released.
Ok Sorry. When I was at the dealer's I asked the customer service manager if they would show customers a list of Toyota model specific TSB's, and he said all I had to do was ask. So, I would suggest going down to the dealers and have them print out the Yaris TSB's for you. There are some websites that will actually let you see the "title" and reference number of the TSB, but NOT view them unless you pay them $$ for a subscription. I would go to these sites, print out the TSB numbers for your Yaris and the "title" (TSB description referencing the problem with the car) and bring that index down to the dealer's for more ease.
jlift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #18
RogueYaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlift View Post
Ok Sorry. When I was at the dealer's I asked the customer service manager if they would show customers a list of Toyota model specific TSB's, and he said all I had to do was ask. So, I would suggest going down to the dealers and have them print out the Yaris TSB's for you. There are some websites that will actually let you see the "title" and reference number of the TSB, but NOT view them unless you pay them $$ for a subscription. I would go to these sites, print out the TSB numbers for your Yaris and the "title" (TSB description referencing the problem with the car) and bring that index down to the dealer's for more ease.
Excellent idea! I came across one of these sites on my search but not way in hell was I going to pay for access to these knowing that I could somehow get them free. I'll consider this a project to do and post my findings somewhere.