Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Vinceb

Drives: 2008 5 Speed Sedan
is it possible to add A/C

Ok so I did some searching and didn't see anything, though i'm sure somebody will jump on me for this new post.

Does anybody know about this - I have an 08 sedan bare bones, no options, is it possible to add A/C to the car? or is this just too big of an undertaking? I looked at the 07 manual online and there are 60+ steps to getting to the A/C unit (looks like it's inside the car buried well within the dash). But then I thought about the Cruse threads where everything is already there.

Any ideas if the internals are all there and you just need to add the hoses, compressor and electronic controls / relays?

thanks in advance all
Vinceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Possible? Sure. Easy or cheap? Doubtful...
Old 09-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Any ideas if the internals are all there and you just need to add the hoses, compressor and electronic controls / relays?
knowing the Yaris, probably. I have all the engine bay parts if you're interested - hoses, compressor, etc.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Everything for the AC is extra, so there are no "internals", other than the wiring. Check for the presence of the compressor connector between the alternator and the starter. If it isn't there, then you need the wiring harness.

Looking at the EPC, I don't see different "Wire, Engine Harness" main, #2 or #3 as having versions related to AC or no AC, so I have a feeling it's there.