Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Serious Autocrossers?

Not to suggest that you must be "serious" to enjoy autoX, but I'm looking for anyone who is/has also preparing their Yaris for SCCA classing beyond H-Stock.
I'm planning on running in ST all next year, and would like to run some regional events, maybe even Nationals, so proper prep is critical.

I can't do much else HP-wise, but I will be looking at class-legal chassis bracing and more suspension tuning/upgrades.

I'd like to start by getting your feedback about alignment specs that you've tried on the autoX track. Particularly the rear. I know many people like to run negative camber in the rear, but this would reduce rotation, which increases understeer, so not sure it is useful. What about rear toe settings?

I'm currently at -2.25 camber in front (each side) and zero toe. Thinking about trying a bit more, and maybe 1/16" toe-out. This car has to stay daily-driver -friendly.

After that, what ST-legal bracing options can anyone suggest or give feedback about?
While the Yaris is definitley not a class-killer in ST, I think it can be a competitive car. I ran less than 1.5 seconds behind a fully-prepped Focus SVT whose driver has placed at Nationals in that car before, so I dont' think we're out of the running completely.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote