Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Good P185/60-15 to replace OEM junk
Continental ProContact EcoPlus 15 53.57%
Hankook Optimo H727 6 21.43%
Kumho KR22 1 3.57%
Other 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #19
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
" I run Continental Extreme Winter Contacts in the winter and they're great. "

We may get those for the 2008 sedan .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #20
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Silver Liftback
I now have the ECOPLUS on my Yaris as of November 14th, and they are so quiet. So far so good!

Rated Excellent in Roll Resistance by Consumer Reports.

Last edited by roadrunner; 11-15-2011 at 10:06 PM.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #21
carlghoul

Drives: Fit, Scion XA, '91 Ford Festi
Thumbs up Hancooks H727 vs. Conti Pro Cont. Eco Plus

Hancooks H727's on my daughter's Scion XA. I don't like the handling, they're squirmy initially on turn in. We bought Conti PC Eco Pluses on my wife's Corolla, and yes, I know the Corolla's no sports car, but isolating on the tires, I like the handling of the Pro Contact EP's. I think I can detect the decreased rolling resistance, although I haven't checked the gas mileage yet.
carlghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #22
Hershey

The Eco Plus could possibly be purchased for $58.11 each through GM parts department near you by matching the price of Tirebuyer's $83.11 along with free S&H ( http://tirebuyer.com/tirebuyerwicket...yTrim/page_0/2 ) and then a discount of $25 thanks to a rebate through GM ( http://www.mycertifiedservicerebates.com/pdf/GMN.pdf ) . It's possible that not all GM parts departments will match the internet price . Free shipping and handling are a must , because if they match the price and there's a S/H fee that will be tacked on to the price and then get the $25 discount ( $100 rebate for purchase of 4 tires ) . May want to call to see if they'll match internet price . It's possilbe there may be a better price than Tirebuyer with free shipping / handling . Saving you more money . Good luck .
Old 05-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #23
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
Well, looks like it'll be the Goodyear Eagle LS

Woke up to a flat tire, so I bought one at the Goodyear center for an OTD price of $90.00 ...cheaper than what Wal-Mart wanted for the carry out price on a Viva 2

Looks a little different than the OEM Eagle LS, but probably has similar crappy characteristics with ride, noise and handling in bad weather...guess I'll buy 3 more in a week or two.
Sorry about your luck! Those no-seasons are crap. At least you shouldn't have to risk your life on any snow in OK.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler

still really like them

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
I now have the ECOPLUS on my Yaris as of November 14th, and they are so quiet. So far so good!

Rated Excellent in Roll Resistance by Consumer Reports.
They are great tires so far. My last tank was 55.3 mpg which tied my best tank last year. So they are getting better as they age, much like a fine wine.
Much better in wet handling, than the Goodyear Integrity that I replaced. Mpg seems to be very close to the Integrity.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #25
winston856

Drives: 2007 Yaris S AT Sedan
I've had these tires on for about 11 months now and they are almost bald!

I wanted to post to update people on this tire who were still looking at it possibly. I bought a new set on 1/4/2012 and as of today have about 18k miles on them, about 50/50 on highway/city driving.

I had thought I would get more life out of these initially and was surprised to see them worn down to the tread bars already. I did some research and it turns out these tires have been wearing down on people rather quickly, they are rated for 80k miles but the latest reviews on continentals website show people barely getting 20k out of them.

I'm going to see if I can get a free replacement since continental has a 12m free replacement warranty.

I am happy with the tires when I got them, they have good wet and dry traction, they are also quiet as well. I thought a tire with "eco plus technology" would be longer lasting is all as they are marketed as economy tires so I was expecting 40k+.
winston856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #26
Hershey

We have the same issue . These tires are wearing very fast . Change them out for winter tires and rotate often . Don't buy these tires . They also get louder as they wear . The Bridgestone Ecopia 422s' are wearing much slower .
Old 10-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #27
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler

Comment on the Cont. ECOPLUS tires on my Yaris. I put them on at 55,000 with 10/32 tread depth. I now have 73,000 with 7/32 tread depth. At this rate they will be at 2/32 around 100,000 miles. So for me they are wearing as expected. I drive very little highway.