Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Any vendors on Yarisworld sell Auto Transmission pans?

I'd like to support a business on this site if at all possible. I'm looking for an automatic transmission pan and a pan gasket. I was quoted at near $100 for that at the dealership but like I said, I'd rather support someone or business on here. I also checked on the trans oil filter and the dealership was telling me it's $80 for just that little strainer! That sounds rediculous.

Please let me know if there's a business or person on here who deals with these parts!
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I dont' mind looking into it -- but if it's a Toyota part it's going to come through a dealership, and us little third party guys get no love there.

Do you know the part numbers for what you want?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
not sure why you want to change strainer and o ring as this is an uncommon item to replace on toyota's. tranny pan is $69.65 list and gasket is $13.18 list and it looks as if dealer is only way to go at the moment......
Old 02-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ that's $82.83, about what the OP said -- oh well!

blazin, what about the trans oil filter?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
strainer is $78.13 list and the o ring is another $3.26. plus factor in another 4 or 5 quarts of WS fluid at $7.78 EACH....
Old 02-25-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Well I asked because I ran over a tire (thank god it didn't have a rim on it) and it tore off the black plastic cover underneath the engine and it put a big dent in the trans pan, it started to leak a bit.

I bought the pan and the gasket, it was about $85 and then the trans fluid was near $8 a quart :( Turns out that the tire hit so hard that it crushed the trans filter flat like a pancake. So thankfully I was able to find a filter from a local parts store for $30, compared to Toyota dealer's $80 rape price.

One thing I'm curious about ,what is the little sensor that is down near the black mesh of the grill on the front bumper? It looks like it clips right behind the black mesh, is it a temperature sensor?
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote