Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
Ranger SVO

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Factory Radio Remote Wire

I put my subwwoofer and box in my Yaris and it does sound good. Now, the amp needs a remote wire and the factory radio does not have one. For me it is completely unacceptable for the remote lead to be hooked to the ignition or accessory line. I want the amp to go on and off with the radio.

This LOC from PAC Audio does just that. Radio on, amp on. Radio off, amp off

It works great and I like it

Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
Giordano Bruno
Ranger SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
I installed something similar when I put an amp and sub in my niece's car (non-Yaris).
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
I bought a stinger11 loc that only hooks into the front speakers and used the radio ignition directly to amp turn-on and it sounds fine.
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
wsladaritz
Y4R1Z

Drives: Yaris LB
My first was a powered sub with speaker level inputs and auto-sensing turn on. No remote wire needed :) The second upgrade included a kenwood head unit with a remote wire. Couldn't keep that factory thing in there... It's chilling in my closet now waiting for me to figure out what to do with it.
wsladaritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
sleey0

Could always try ebay.

You never know who is looking for these things.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
Ranger SVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleey0 View Post
I bought a stinger11 loc that only hooks into the front speakers and used the radio ignition directly to amp turn-on and it sounds fine.
I'm sure it sounds good, but thats not the point when I shut off the radio, I want the amp to turn off. I want things to work the way it is supposed to. Thats why I never let a "professional" installer touch my stuff. They spend too much time rigging things, instead of doing it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsladaritz View Post
My first was a powered sub with speaker level inputs and auto-sensing turn on. No remote wire needed :) The second upgrade included a kenwood head unit with a remote wire. Couldn't keep that factory thing in there... It's chilling in my closet now waiting for me to figure out what to do with it.
The Yaris sounds really good, so my next upgrade will be an HU. But thats gonna be a little while. I just bought new rims for my Ranger PU.

Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
Giordano Bruno
Old 08-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #7
sleey0

Umm my amp turns off when I turn off the radio/HU.

It seems as if you were unaware of the Radio Ignition wire?

That is the point of the ignition wire and not the constant.

Last edited by sleey0; 08-12-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Factory radios work good along with factory speakers in a ghetto wood boom box for your garage! use the 12v out from a computer power supply (20bucks) and your good to go. If you know someone with an old computer they arent using you could get the power supply for free maybe.Some 1/4 plywood and your good to go!
Old 08-13-2010, 02:21 AM   #9
wsladaritz
Y4R1Z

Drives: Yaris LB
That is the remote wire. And I do not believe that the stock radio comes with that wire. That's why he had to get the adapter. If it does come on the stock radio then I have no clue which wire it is.
wsladaritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:30 AM   #10
Ranger SVO

Quote:
That is the remote wire. And I do not believe that the stock radio comes with that wire. That's why he had to get the adapter. If it does come on the stock radio then I have no clue which wire it is.
Thats right, the factory radio does NOT have a remote wire. The PAC LOC provides the remote wire.

Giordano Bruno