Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #1
MeepMeep

Drives: 2017 Yaris SE
2017 Auto Head Beam

I picked up my new 2017 Yaris SE last December. I was excited with the new Toyota safety features such as Auto Headlight Beam, Lane Departure, and Anti-Collision. The problem is the AHB has never worked from day one as it does not go to high beam under dark conditions. The dealership cannot figure it out but suspect issues with the windshield camera. Toyota is flying some senior techs out next week to figure out why its not functioning. As you know, Toyota takes defects very seriously and have elevated this issue up the chain. Does any one else have a new 2017? If so what's your experience with the AHB feature.
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #2
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
ive only seen 1 other 2017 se on this forum or maybe youre it i dont know

its an extremely rare vehicle at least here

good luck and let us know how it turns out
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepMeep View Post
I picked up my new 2017 Yaris SE last December. I was excited with the new Toyota safety features such as Auto Headlight Beam, Lane Departure, and Anti-Collision. The problem is the AHB has never worked from day one as it does not go to high beam under dark conditions. The dealership cannot figure it out but suspect issues with the windshield camera. Toyota is flying some senior techs out next week to figure out why its not functioning. As you know, Toyota takes defects very seriously and have elevated this issue up the chain. Does any one else have a new 2017? If so what's your experience with the AHB feature.
I hope they can fix the AHB for you with minimum hassle.

Just be glad it happened under warranty, otherwise you would likely be stuck with $1000+ repairs per incident on all that distracted/senile-driver 'safety tech' that they are stuffing into cars today.

Please tell me that you can at least turn all the unnecessary 'safety tech' 100% off if you don't want to use it.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:40 AM   #4
Dabuu
Radical Dreamer

Drives: spiritedly.
Mine is a '17, but I don't care for all the safety stuff, so it's always off.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
I think you have to turn the high beams on manually and then the car will turn them back to the normal lights on its own. At least that's how the rental corolla I had was
Old 05-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #6
MeepMeep

Yes, I am the one with the super rare 2017 SE ordered with 5-speed. The feature they added in 2017 is not essential but it bugs me to no end when something doesn't work. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #7
MeepMeep

Yes you can shut all that safety stuff off but I actually like the auto headlight feature on my wife's Rav4. In Wyoming the high beams are on more frequently than most places due to the rural nature.