Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-06-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Shifting in Red Line

i do not know whats the max hp and tq on yaris rpm band(6200rpm?) but i like to shift in the red line between 6200-7000rpm..there isnt any issue shifting in red line right?
my fuel cuts at 7000rpm with piggy back ecu so you dont have to tell me about your not getting any power after 6200rpm lol

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:50 AM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
well, it looks like you have an automatic transmission. the higher rpms will have an effect on transmission temp and an effect of trans fluid. i would recommend you get a large oil cooler for your trans and a temp gauge...
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #3
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
The issue with not getting power to 7k rpm had nothing to do with your fuel cut off. Well technically you would have no power above the fuel cut off but in this case where you have raised the cut off to 7k you could still experience a loss of power unless you've tuned for it

Most engines that are for economy cars are tuned to have more low end power so after a certain rpm the paower band drops right off making it inefficient to shift right to red line.

I know when I had my 1nz after about 5.5k rpm it would fall on its face (with all flow mods) so I would shift no later then that normally. On the 2zr it pulls like a train almost right to the fuel cut off so I shift up to that point. This is likely due to having dual vvti where as the 1nz only has vvt On the intake (iirc)

Engines are designed to run within their factory determined rev range, taking it to red line is fine as long as you meticulously maintain your engine. If anything it will help keep carbon off of your valves and keep your head cleaner.

In your case you've raised the rev range so it is a risk but toyota tends to have large buffer zones so going up .6k rpm should be ok
Old 08-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
The issue with not getting power to 7k rpm had nothing to do with your fuel cut off. Well technically you would have no power above the fuel cut off but in this case where you have raised the cut off to 7k you could still experience a loss of power unless you've tuned for it

Most engines that are for economy cars are tuned to have more low end power so after a certain rpm the paower band drops right off making it inefficient to shift right to red line.

I know when I had my 1nz after about 5.5k rpm it would fall on its face (with all flow mods) so I would shift no later then that normally. On the 2zr it pulls like a train almost right to the fuel cut off so I shift up to that point. This is likely due to having dual vvti where as the 1nz only has vvt On the intake (iirc)

Engines are designed to run within their factory determined rev range, taking it to red line is fine as long as you meticulously maintain your engine. If anything it will help keep carbon off of your valves and keep your head cleaner.

In your case you've raised the rev range so it is a risk but toyota tends to have large buffer zones so going up .6k rpm should be ok
thank you for your reply

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote