Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-08-2011, 03:25 AM   #19
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
I ran stock class for a while before i finally got my coil overs. When I first got out there some were poking fun at the yaris while I was putting my R comp tires on. After the first run people were shocked how nimble the yaris was. it was a good feeling.

car looks good by the way.. I always loved the red
Old 10-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #20
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
Sorry for the late reply. Was horribly sick, and am trying to catch up on things that got put off (because I was horribly sick).

It's not mission raceway, but it very well could be seymour in the background. I was never good at IDing the mountains. It's at pitt meadows airport. Near the golden ears bridge. When is your car coming to AutoX?

I put some more miles on the car and learned a bit more about it.

The good:
It's quieter on the freeway than I had expected.
It's still comfy enough. Ride is good.
Turn in! I can't believe how well this car turns in when you push it hard. Once you hit a certain load it must toe-out a little in the back because it turns into the corner so well. Predictable too although this is probably what causes the rear end snap on the hard lane changes. Still, so much better than nasty fwd understeer.

The bad:
Wanders a bit on the freeway with the -0.92 camber. Also cross winds affect it.
To me, the gearing is too low for stop signs in 1st, and too high for 2nd.

The ugly:
the shifter. I really hope bushings tighten this thing up. It's terrible. Drove a 5spd Honda Fit the other day and it is 100X better (the Fit's engine management is also faster to react).

Still happy with the Yaris.

Cheers.
Cory
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote