Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #19
skeck
keckbot

Drives: 2007 Blazin' Blue Liftback
Need a relay harness...my kit does not have a relay so i am not getting enough power...guess my question now is do i put the relay harness on the wire that powers the ballast? I am assuming so, as that would make the most sense.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #20
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Yes.. that sounds right to me
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #21
skeck
keckbot

Word...thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #22
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
still weird.

they way mine is hooked up, the stock h4 plug splits the high beam power, low beam power and 1 ground into high with a ground and low with a ground.

i don't run a relay harness on mine...just an h1 bulb and a ballast at each low beam projector
Old 10-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #23
skeck
keckbot

Weird?

Ya, mine is different because basically there is one line from each ballast going right to the inside light of the first halo ring then a chord going from the back of that light to the projector bulb in the center of the second halo ring, so it is trying to run 4 HID lights at once versus 2...that is why it is so screwed up. At least that's what I think.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:51 AM   #24
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
I run barber's setup and I don'tn need a relay as well.. but I reiterate I think you should take the whole setup out and test with a car battery and multimeter to see what powers what
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #25
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeck View Post
Ya, mine is different because basically there is one line from each ballast going right to the inside light of the first halo ring then a chord going from the back of that light to the projector bulb in the center of the second halo ring, so it is trying to run 4 HID lights at once versus 2...that is why it is so screwed up. At least that's what I think.
ya, running 4 hid bulbs on 2 ballasts won't work well

its seems like a really odd setup to me.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #26
skeck
keckbot

HID are fully operational now! Got a Bi-Xenon Relay Harness that arrived today and with a little manipulation all is operating perfectly. If anyone needs help with the Spyder Projectors and installing their HID kit I will be glad to assist. I bought mine on ebay with the HID kit installed. However, they did not come with a relay harness which is a necessity to run them on a yaris. The projector bulbs operate as my headlights and when i flip on the brights the inside lights come on. Both are HID bulbs and it looks fantastic. Unfortunately it is raining outside so i took a nature bath finishing up my install. I willl share pics once the weather clears up. Once it was all said and done i dropped about $280 for both headlights, HID kit and relay harness, not too bad if you ask me. Next I am going to work on retro fitting my old headlights!