Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southeast
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
Black_griffin6

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic 3 door HB
Atlanta area car meets!

Hey guys,

I live near Woodstock GA, and I keep seeing a bunch of really cool Yaris in my area, but I never see any of them at the car scene here.

If any of you are interested, there's a pretty big car scene near Town Center Mall in Kennesaw GA. We meet at the Ambush near the AMC 24 theater every Friday and Saturday night right around 9:30ish (or around when it gets dark, obviously we meet much earlier when it gets colder.) Generally, just meet there when it gets dark, we don't have a set time when everyone meets, but lately it's been 9:30 because that's right around when it gets dark.

I have seen one other Yaris here so far, it was badged as a Vitz and had the Netz badges, but I only saw it once, not sure if it's one of you lot.

If anyone is around that area, come check it out sometime, or send me a PM. I'd like to get more a few more Yaris over there.

Also! A much bigger meet: Every first Thursday of every month (until it gets too cold) there is a big meet at the Varsity in Atlanta. It happens around 6ish and goes on through the night, but I recommend getting there early if you want a good parking spot.
This one is a much bigger one, but you guys should check it out too.

Hopefully i'll see some of you there.
P.S. I drive a Silver 2009 manual liftback, it's lowered with an exhaust and wheels and a few other mods, I shouldn't be too hard to spot.
Black_griffin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Sav912 and ilikerice are both black hatch's from Savannah area and they are on here. Both cool guys hit them up.

On a side note if you dont mind the drive we are hosting a FL meet in Orlando on 8/19

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
Black_griffin6

Is it just a Yaris meet or is it just a car meet?

I might want to drive there. :)
It would be an adventure! XD
Old 07-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
its a YW meet started by yours truly but its open to any makes and models so we can all bring our non Yaris friends. Please come we would love to have you. It is going to be at Downtown Disney at Disney World so its a perfect opportunity to get some vacationing done as well.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
facu1984

Drives: 2007
Is Gordon Freeman coming?
facu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
Black_griffin6

Quote:
Originally Posted by facu1984 View Post
Is Gordon Freeman coming?
I dunno. We'll find out in half life 3.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Saw a Silver 3dr Hatch with some flush white (possible OZ) wheels in Atlanta driving past the Marriott hotel downtown around noonish While I was walking past at DragonCon.

just wanted to say.. nice car, sounds real good.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #8
Black_griffin6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Saw a Silver 3dr Hatch with some flush white (possible OZ) wheels in Atlanta driving past the Marriott hotel downtown around noonish While I was walking past at DragonCon.

just wanted to say.. nice car, sounds real good.
Did it have a red Towhook on the back and a spoiler?
Or in other words, did it look like this?

If so, that way me.
I was at Dragoncon all weekend and I drove my car over to my hotel to drop my stuff off, then parked back over at where I work over at Southern Company.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
ilikerice

Yep! thats it. Next year throw me a message. I would bring my yaris up there but never a point. We get there Thursday and park at the convention parking lot a block down from the Marriott. Never go back til Monday to leave. Also we have alot of luggage with costume stuff and a caravan of people. I will try to get some pictures up
Old 09-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
yarisgeo13
yarisgeo13

Drives: gloss black 5 door
Send a message via Yahoo to yarisgeo13
I just bought mine last week and I think it would be cool as well getting together with other owners and swap pic's of customs and mild customs and stocks that going to be customs in the future!
yarisgeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #11
Black_griffin6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
Yep! thats it. Next year throw me a message. I would bring my yaris up there but never a point. We get there Thursday and park at the convention parking lot a block down from the Marriott. Never go back til Monday to leave. Also we have alot of luggage with costume stuff and a caravan of people. I will try to get some pictures up
Sure thing man.
We usually get there Friday morning but get our tickets on Thursday evening.
I don't blame you for not bringing the Yaris up there, I don't like to leave my car alone in Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisgeo13 View Post
I just bought mine last week and I think it would be cool as well getting together with other owners and swap pic's of customs and mild customs and stocks that going to be customs in the future!
Where at did you bring it? Pretty sure your profile says you're from Florida, but we're talking about Atlanta Area meets.
Not sure if you're around Atlanta or not. XD
Old 09-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
ilikerice

Made a thread with some pictures of us. check it here http://yarisworld.com/forums/showthr...554#post714554