Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2021, 08:27 AM   #1
RallyYarisMT
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Hatchback RX Project
Rallycross Project *Yaris Newbie*

Hi all, new to the Yaris world so I thought I would say hello and ask a few questions to the experts.

I just picked up a 2007 Yaris Hatchback that will be solely used for Rallycross. I have a couple of must have mods before I get going but I thought I would ask if anyone has any other suggestions based on offroad experience.

I need to get a front skid plate and under car protection immediately. I am looking for some street signs to create my own but was curious if anyone has done this already.

I will need to put a LSD in the front but not sure of the best option for the purpose of loose surface driving.

I am super excited to run this thing and I have already experienced how easy it is to left foot this thing into a wonderful drift around the corners.

Thanks and look forward to digging in deeper to the community here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00505_6ZmpfjjYelxz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg (155.6 KB, 114 views)
RallyYarisMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 06:39 PM   #2
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyYarisMT View Post
Hi all, new to the Yaris world so I thought I would say hello and ask a few questions to the experts.

I just picked up a 2007 Yaris Hatchback that will be solely used for Rallycross. I have a couple of must have mods before I get going but I thought I would ask if anyone has any other suggestions based on offroad experience.

I need to get a front skid plate and under car protection immediately. I am looking for some street signs to create my own but was curious if anyone has done this already.

I will need to put a LSD in the front but not sure of the best option for the purpose of loose surface driving.

I am super excited to run this thing and I have already experienced how easy it is to left foot this thing into a wonderful drift around the corners.

Thanks and look forward to digging in deeper to the community here.
OS Giken Super Lock LSD will give you the most forward bite.
Old 08-14-2022, 01:48 AM   #3
Flubby

Drives: 2015 Yaris
I'd love to see this getting run in rally conditions when it is ready.
Flubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 03:40 AM   #4
Ivankex
I've made a post!

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to Ivankex Send a message via Yahoo to Ivankex
How do you plan to approach creating a front skid plate and undercar protection for your 2007 Yaris Hatchback intended for Rallycross, and are you considering any specific materials or designs for these modifications?
Ivankex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 04:49 AM   #5
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivankex View Post
How do you plan to approach creating a front skid plate and undercar protection for your 2007 Yaris Hatchback intended for Rallycross, and are you considering any specific materials or designs for these modifications?
I have planned to do this to my road car as the under carrage plastic is pretty scuffed with the cars trd lowering springs, Iw as just going to buy 2mm or 3mm aluminium sheet and go from there, I had sen on for sale that was the same, DIY made by a garage in japan for a vitz rs but it sold. Make a cardboard cutout with all the bolt holes, you might need to make some mounts for the front and add some vents here and there as well as access holes for things like oil changes. I had planned to make it so a splitter can bolt on to it since you need to make mounts for a splitter to.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 01:14 AM   #6
EliaTuh
I've made a post!

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to EliaTuh Send a message via Yahoo to EliaTuh
Have you considered any specific materials or designs for creating the front skid plate and undercar protection for your 2007 Yaris Hatchback intended for Rallycross?