Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
docjames
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris RS 2012 Thailand
Paint chip on Toyota Yaris RS body kit

I with my fiancée and mother-in-law to be have just bought a 2012 Toyota Yaris RS. Love it to bits, unfortunately a sharp stone I believe from a truck struck the side of the car and left a very slight chip of the paintwork. Fortunately, it was not on the main bodywork, but on the default body kit (I do not know if that's the technical term for the skirting just below the passenger door but hey).

I currently live in Thailand and am wondering weather Toyota would sort it, however, it seems such a minor chip with a few surface scratches that it seems easy enough to repair myself. I would imagine Toyota would ask to replace the whole piece of skirting, which does not seem worth it (although I have not checked as yet).

I have some pictures (see the last two pictures specifically) and the colour details are as follows:

Colour name: S. White
Paint Code: 040FE18

Thanks all

p.s if anyone knows any members who live in Thailand, I would love to be put in contact as any Yaris owners would be much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0413- Yaris Forum.JPG (109.5 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0410- Yaris Forum 2.JPG (123.0 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0411- Yaris Forum 3.JPG (125.0 KB, 149 views)
docjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Fender looks to be minor clear coat abrassion. Should be able to buff that out with a little compound.

Personally, I wouldn't bother much with the little chip on the skirt. You'll get plenty more of those in the future. At most, I'd probably just get a touch up pen from the dealer and dap a little colour in there.