Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #73
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
The other 1/2 called and left a message to the general manager of the 1st dealership asking for the field tech's name and how to get in touch with him . Never heard back from him to this day . That's what I call corteous . They won't be getting a penny more from us .
Good for you. I'd say if the 2nd dealership's work holds up, they deserve the first look at your business should you change your mind and consider a Toyota again.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #74
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Will post more pics of the level as time goes by . Especially if a major drop .
Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #75
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Update for records . Looks to be holding fairly steady at the HOT level .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1660.JPG (74.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1648.JPG (98.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1653.JPG (97.6 KB, 70 views)
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #76
muffin_top

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
I felt that what Muffin Top is trying to say is to make sure that Toyota (at the manufacturer level) is properly notified, as it would be a strong backup for satisfaction even if one is not getting satisfaction from a particular dealer. This gives me added peace of mind. The tone of Muffin Top's post adds credibility. It think he takes the reputation for customer satisfaction that Toyota has been known for in the past quite seriously.
Thank you, and yes I try to treat the guests at our service department with utmost care and sincerity. Toyota takes every call seriously, the analysts at the call center always follow up to make sure the issue was handled and ask if there is anything they can do to help. Not just every now and then, every time like its a religion!
Quote:
The other 1/2 called and left a message to the general manager of the 1st dealership asking for the field tech's name and how to get in touch with him . Never heard back from him to this day . That's what I call corteous . They won't be getting a penny more from us .
Yeah, contacting the GM seems like the right thing, but truthfully he/she is usually somewhat detached from the "back of the house". Honestly the parts/service director or fixed operations manager (the service manager's boss)
would be a better point of contact. Be calm, tell them what happened and see what they say. If this person blows you off then you know the poor attitude of the service dept is from the "top down" and trying to reason with them will be futile.

I feel awful when someone has an experience like this.. It gives dealership service departments a bad image and we're not all like that!
muffin_top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #77
Hershey

Was calm and polite . The guy before wasn't . He said about every bad name in the book and called the service manager a d*ck . Also stated he was tired of getting the F'ing' run around with his Scion IQ . After that I figured I would get no place . It's coolant under the hood . Movin' on and keepin' an eye to the reservoir .

Last edited by Hershey; 01-25-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #78
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Was calm and polite . The guy before wasn't . He said about every bad name in the book and called the service manager a d*ck . Also stated he was tired of getting the F'ing' run around with his Scion IQ . After that I figured I would get no place . It's coolant under the hood . Movin' on and keepin' an eye to the reservoir .
One more question (can't remember if I asked you this before or not). Was the 'new' (2nd) dealer a higher volume dealer (appreciably) than the first one ?

The dealer closest to me (even though it is in Harris County, to the south of me) is Fred Haas Toyota World. Their new car inventory (last time I checked) was over 3,000 vehicles and they are the #1 Tundra dealer in the world. They are so generous with their time (as helpful in person as people are on Yarisworld) and realize (within reason) that helping customers help themselves generates good will. I wonder if this is because they are so high volume...they don't have to think about 'nickel and diming' people. Gullo Toyota in my county comes in a close second and they are also a high volume dealer (over 2,000 new cars in stock last time I checked).

When Bronsin started a thread last year about a visit to a relatively local Toyota dealer in/near Mt. Laurel, NJ, he wrote about the inventory being 'options laden' (my term,for lack of a better term). I checked the new car inventory (almost always on the dealer's website) for the dealership he mentioned and it was between 200-300. I looked at the same for all the dealers in the vicinity, and the only one that had barely 1k in new inventory was in Philadelphia. With this information, I thought 'I'm glad I live near a high volume dealership'.

P.S. looking at Muffin Top's last post, in relation to my thoughts in this post, I wonder if customer satisfaction at small dealerships vs satisfaction at larger dealerships is something Toyota looks at at an 'above the dealership' level.

Last edited by nookandcrannycar; 01-26-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #79
Hershey

It's a larger dealer than the other . The service advisor said the labor / parts(?) from the replacement is money in their pockets . Couldn't understand why the first dealer didn't need the $ .
Old 01-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #80
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
It's a larger dealer than the other . The service advisor said the labor / parts(?) from the replacement is money in their pockets . Couldn't understand why the first dealer didn't need the $ .
Perhaps the first dealer is small enough that they want a customer who is paying immediately in the 'time slot' that your repair would have taken up, rather than waiting to be reimbursed by Toyota.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #81
Hershey

1/29/13
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1679.JPG (103.1 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1673.JPG (87.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1653.JPG (97.6 KB, 47 views)
Old 01-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #82
nookandcrannycar

^^^^^ A testament to the quality of the cooling system in the Yaris and Toyota's pink coolant ----- I was just looking at trini_per4mance's '450k in 5 years' thread to see if he has posted any repairs since October 2012 (answer = no --- last repair posted = replacing the fan motor at 479k miles on 10-2-12) and I noticed that he did his first and only cooling system flush at 425k miles.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #83
Hershey

Found more spray under the hood since the replacement . Should this be happening ? Cleaned it off and will monitor it .
Old 02-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #84
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I don't think that should be happening unless some how some coolant was accidentally spilled onto the belt before driving the car, which would be unlikely.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #85
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
I don't think that should be happening unless some how some coolant was accidentally spilled onto the belt before driving the car, which would be unlikely.
^^^^^ This.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #86
Hershey

Don't forget the car was repaired on 1/18 and has been driven over 700 miles since the replacement . Find it nearly impossible that it's spilled coolant. Have done an oil change since and there was no fluid to be found . Always look for leaks while under the car . Hopefully the spray pattern won't be back . If so , will get a picture .