Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #19
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Tomato, the Deep Crystal Polish will work on any color. Its not color biased The detailer spray is very handy when you hit the mother bug that leaves a 6 inch oval on your vehicle. Spray, wipe, spray, buff and your done. I use it all the time. I fell in love with it on my black chevy, which was a bug magnet. BTW, for anyone who is addicted to washing your vehicle every week religiously, do not! I repeat DO NOT. As tempting as it may be. Every week will easily do more harm than the environment cant deal out. It starts with a few spider lines here and there, and before you know it... BAM! I little baby rock hiding in your sponge runs across your body My .02
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #20
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Tomato, the Deep Crystal Polish will work on any color. Its not color biased

Oh, I see, Meguiars is equal opportunity polish, then?

thanks for the response, though, appreciate it.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #21
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:
Tomato, the Deep Crystal Polish will work on any color. Its not color biased The detailer spray is very handy when you hit the mother bug that leaves a 6 inch oval on your vehicle. Spray, wipe, spray, buff and your done. I use it all the time. I fell in love with it on my black chevy, which was a bug magnet. BTW, for anyone who is addicted to washing your vehicle every week religiously, do not! I repeat DO NOT. As tempting as it may be. Every week will easily do more harm than the environment cant deal out. It starts with a few spider lines here and there, and before you know it... BAM! I little baby rock hiding in your sponge runs across your body My .02
This is why i always use a microfiber mitt not a sponge to wash my car. Also i wash the sponge after every use. Not leave it in the bucket to dry with the crap thats in the bucket. Also every time im done i thoroughly clean out the bucket i use for washing cars.

Lastly I only use a microfiber waffle towel to dry the car. And I dont drag it along the paint but kinda spot dry. That way no scratches are left on the car.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #22
Slick

Well, believe it or not, I use a high powered blower to dry my car. Literally, touch free ;

(Its really a shop vac put in the blowing port, but i dont see the blower police

Yeah, i use to be really big into terry towels. Microfiber is FTW. However, I started buying a new soap sponge for every wash. If anyone is wondering, I became OCD about my washing techniques on my black chevy. For those of yall who have a black Yaris, you probably have already started seein the spider scratches. Its only the BEGINNING. Soon, you will be chest high in Scratch-X tubes and Meguires yellow pads
Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM   #23
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:
Well, believe it or not, I use a high powered blower to dry my car. Literally, touch free ;

(Its really a shop vac put in the blowing port, but i dont see the blower police

Yeah, i use to be really big into terry towels. Microfiber is FTW. However, I started buying a new soap sponge for every wash. If anyone is wondering, I became OCD about my washing techniques on my black chevy. For those of yall who have a black Yaris, you probably have already started seein the spider scratches. Its only the BEGINNING. Soon, you will be chest high in Scratch-X tubes and Meguires yellow pads
Well microscratches will always occur over time. They are very hard to prevent. Once a year or every 6 months i just use a polish on the car which will take out all those microscratches. Scratch x is much more harsh than a typical polish and will remove more clearcoat than nessisary. If your going to use it then wait till you have a heck of a lot of scratches and then take them all out back to new again and then wait again till you haave a whol ebunch again.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #24
Slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisSedan View Post
...If your going to use it then wait till you have a heck of a lot of scratches and then take them all out...
Exactly! I use alot of quick detailer, it is a paint care freak's best friend. Of course, the paint already needs a solid coat of wax before it works at its optimum level.