Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-27-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
hauer
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
in-Dented Door-window frame

Soo I get a new car... some jealous @#$^&! decides to take their key or object of some sort and stab in where the picture indicated.

Fortunately it wasn't that deep nor did it pierce through, just left a mark

I have blacked-out side window frame and it just turned a little bit lighter, it's like a black piece of plastic (tape/sticker?); I did some googling, do you think those compressed air or dry ice techniques will remove dent? It's a vertical dent, size of a coin...

Just imagine that red circled part, and you took a key like there is a keyhole there and jabbed it in...

:( I am saddened

hauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Look for "paintless" dent removal in your local area. There may be a dent pro or simular place. They professional remove the dent so it is 90 - 100 percent better. They removed a dent for me on a fender where it was smack middle on a body line. I didnt think it was even possible to remove it but when they were done you cant even tell there was a dent there unless you stand up super close and know where to look. THey also took out a door ding that is 100 percent completely gone.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:13 AM   #3
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
it's plastic , and they clip on , you should be able too pick up a new or second hand one .
Or you could buy the Carbonfirbre stick on ones
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote