Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
Silverkarn

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris 2D
Any opinion on Turtle Wax ICE Paste?

So all the posts i can find are old and only talk about the liquid TW ICE.

Talking about this stuff: Turtle Wax ICE Paste Wax

EDIT:I picked up a jar of this at AutoZone. Its a really hard wax, i tested it out on some metal signs i had and the first time i did have trouble getting it off, then the second time i lightly spritzed the microfiber cloth with detailing spray and the wax came right off easy. Buffed to a shine, and my fingers just want to slide off the surface when i touch it.

Getting the wax out of the container was a pain until i got the sponge more than "damp" as it says in the instructions, i had to get it wet enough that water came out when pressed down.

Last edited by Silverkarn; 04-26-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Silverkarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
marauder

Drives: '08 Yaris
I use the polish because it blackens the black plastic trim, works on every surface and is easy to apply and remove. Take a look at my car in my new yaris thread. I use the ice paste polish and the meguiars ultimate paste wax. The key is that it doesn't leave the white dust behind, it actually blackens plastic trim pieces, and it is easy to buff off even in direct sunlight. I did my entire car in direct sunlight before buffing it off the paint.

Oh, and it smells good too. That's always a plus when you're stuck working with it for a couple hours. Just be sure to wet the applicator sponge like it says in the directions. I suggest using bottled water to do that if you have hard water.

Key is to clay bar, then polish, then wax.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51134

Last edited by marauder; 04-25-2014 at 08:55 AM.
marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:03 AM   #3
Silverkarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder View Post
I use the polish because it blackens the black plastic trim, works on every surface and is easy to apply and remove. Take a look at my car in my new yaris thread. I use the ice paste polish and the meguiars ultimate paste wax. The key is that it doesn't leave the white dust behind, it actually blackens plastic trim pieces, and it is easy to buff off even in direct sunlight. I did my entire car in direct sunlight before buffing it off the paint.

Oh, and it smells good too. That's always a plus when you're stuck working with it for a couple hours. Just be sure to wet the applicator sponge like it says in the directions. I suggest using bottled water to do that if you have hard water.

Key is to clay bar, then polish, then wax.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51134
Not talking about the polish though, i'm talking about the one that comes in a metal can that says "Wax" on it.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:38 AM   #4
marauder

Drives: '08 Yaris
I see... link was a bit confusing and you only said paste and the link says polish wax (both?). My brother uses the wax and swears by it. He used it on his Porsche 911.

Turtle Wax T-465R ICE Paste Polish Wax - 8 oz.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
Silverkarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder View Post
I see... link was a bit confusing and you only said paste and the link says polish wax (both?). My brother uses the wax and swears by it. He used it on his Porsche 911.

Turtle Wax T-465R ICE Paste Polish Wax - 8 oz.
Yeah, Every place i see it online describes it as "polish wax" but the packaging itself just says "paste wax"

I've seen it in the store and apparently its thicker than the "paste polish" almost like the thick carnauba waxes.

Couple low reviews on amazon say its so thick its hard to get on the applicator pad, but i am assuming maybe it dried out as there are not many that say this.

EDIT: Huh, i went on Turtle Waxes website and they don't even list the old "paste polish" anymore, maybe its a new formulation? Or just different packaging?