Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Zebra

Drives: Yaris HB
2010 3dr - It's mine!! (and the banks...)

Yesterday I took the plunge and bought a 2010 3dr. Auto, Power & Cruise, All-Weather Pkg, Mats & Protective film in Meteorite Metallic. I took them up on the 0% financing for 3 years so it was a pretty good deal.

I have plans to install a rear spoiler & mudguards soon, the wheel covers are tough to look at so a nice set of alloy wheels are on my wishlist for Spring. (Snow & Salt here in Minnesota so Spring is a better time to install those) I also ordered some WeatherTech floor liners from Autoanything to keep the snow & slop under control this winter. MicroImage is sending me a center console and Ecometer so I'm looking forward to that!

Hope to have my ham radio and external GPS antenna installed as time permits. It should be a nice vehicle for commuting to work and running around when I'm out geocaching!

This site is a real wealth of information and I've lurking here for a few months now so this is my first post. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute as time goes on. Thanks for the help so far!!
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
fluke_boy

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 dr hb
0% - wow good job. Very jealous.
fluke_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
Congrats, Zebra!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Congratulations on the purchase!

You picked the best color, too.

I'll be interested in seeing pics of the ham radio and external GPS antenna
installation as well.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #5
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Met Met!! Great choice.

Hi :D and welcome to the forum
Old 09-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Congrats! I got that 0% financing for 60 months back in June. Did you also receive the free oil changes for 2 years?
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
Congrats!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM46227 View Post
Congrats! I got that 0% financing for 60 months back in June. Did you also receive the free oil changes for 2 years?
Yes! The dealership gives me free oil changes at 5000 miles. (I'm not sure I like that kind of interval) and free car washes any time I want. The unfortunate thing about living in Northern Minnesota is that I'm 90 miles from my dealer. But I'll just make the best of it.

Waiting for my armrest, spoiler, mudflaps, bumper protector and weathertech floormats to arrive. I want to tint the windows but everyone seems to think they need $250 for the job! Seems high to me....

Last edited by Zebra; 09-29-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #9
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrym28 View Post
Congrats!
Thanks!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
brg88tx

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Yes! The dealership gives me free oil changes at 5000 miles. (I'm not sure I like that kind of interval) and free car washes any time I want. The unfortunate thing about living in Northern Minnesota is that I'm 90 miles from my dealer. But I'll just make the best of it.

Waiting for my armrest, spoiler, mudflaps, bumper protector and weathertech floormats to arrive. I want to tint the windows but everyone seems to think they need $250 for the job! Seems high to me....
i just had all 5 windows of my sedan tinted and it cost $145. se texas.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Congrats on the new purchase! One thing I advise is that it's great you got the free oil changes, but after they get done doing it, make sure you check the level of it. When I used to take my Yaris to the dealership for discount priced oil changes, they always filled it up way too much passed the full mark. I'd have to ask them to drain it a bit or if they were too busy, I did it when I got home.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #12
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
Congrats on the new purchase! One thing I advise is that it's great you got the free oil changes, but after they get done doing it, make sure you check the level of it. When I used to take my Yaris to the dealership for discount priced oil changes, they always filled it up way too much passed the full mark. I'd have to ask them to drain it a bit or if they were too busy, I did it when I got home.
What happens if it's overfilled, does that cause the valve cover gasket to leak?
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #13
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
It shouldn't hurt anything as long as it's not overfilled like crazy. But it's best just to be safe and not take any chances and try to keep it at the proper fill level as possible.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #14
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Congrats and welcome!
Post some pics soon....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote