Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
Redflow2014

Drives: Yaris d4d
Hello, EGR question:)

Hi all
New member here.
I have a 2002 Yaris D4D. I would really like to delete or block the egr valve, not because it's stopped working or causing me any problems but just because I don't believe it is needed and that hopefully I might get better fuel consumption.
Now I've searched the Internet far and wide and I can't find any how to's.
I've played about a bit with it and the vacuum hose that comes off the egr and goes into a green plastic thing ( sorry will post pics tomorrow) I pulled that off and it had no effect at idle until I stuck my finger over the suction hole and car nearly cut out, then when I asked my brother to rev the car to around 3.5k I again stuck my finger over the suction hole and it had no effect.
Now I'm assuming that the egr valve only is working at idle, and therefore if I leave the pipe disconnected that will basically bypass/delete the egr? Or is there a kit I can buy to delete?
Thanks hope I haven't lost anyone

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Last edited by Redflow2014; 10-05-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Redflow2014 is offline   Reply With Quote