Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-17-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Universal Studios & Knotts Berry Farm & Other Touristy Stuff

Has anyone done the back lot trolley tour before and after the fire? Is there any noticeable changes to the park? I'm sure there is, so i'm after your reviews here.

Also has anyone on here been on the new simpsons ride? How was it? Review that too.

Also I have never been to Knotts Berry Farm, neither has my wife. Is it worthwhile going there? Have you been there? Can you review that for me please.

If you have any MUST SEE suggestions while i'm in CA can you please post them here.

Thanks peoples.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:06 AM   #2
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
How far are you willing to drive from Anaheim?
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:12 AM   #3
*MAD DOG*

Dunno, have not organised a hire car and don't plan to. But say what you've got to say, it might "inspire" me to hire a car.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Old 11-17-2008, 02:27 AM   #4
ztrack157
Vroom Vroom Beep Beep

Drives: Powered Roller Skate
Send a message via AIM to ztrack157 Send a message via MSN to ztrack157 Send a message via Yahoo to ztrack157
Knotts Berry farm is a nice park to go to. Not mass quantities of rides it is one of the parks on the list your hould go to just to sa you've been. Good Pies too.
ztrack157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:35 AM   #5
LtNoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Dunno, have not organised a hire car and don't plan to. But say what you've got to say, it might "inspire" me to hire a car.
Is a hire car the same as a rental car or does it come with a driver?
Old 11-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
*MAD DOG*

hire car=rental=short term lease, All the same thing.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
Knotts Berry farm is a nice park to go to. Not mass quantities of rides it is one of the parks on the list your hould go to just to sa you've been. Good Pies too.
The Pies, the jam, oh def worth it.

If by chance you go further North, go see the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Knott's Berry Farm is great, especially if you can get your hands on some discount coupons. Near by you will find Medieval Times http://www.medievaltimes.com/home.aspx, The Pirate's Dinner Adventure http://www.piratesdinneradventure.co...ark/index.html, and super autobacs ;) http://www.autobacsusa.com/ These are all located on Beach Blvd.

Winchester Mystery House in SJ is a great place to visit, very interesting tour. the SJ Area also has Paramounts Great America Theme Park.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #9
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by contraband831 View Post
Knott's Berry Farm is great, especially if you can get your hands on some discount coupons. Near by you will find Medieval Times http://www.medievaltimes.com/home.aspx, The Pirate's Dinner Adventure http://www.piratesdinneradventure.co...ark/index.html, and super autobacs ;) http://www.autobacsusa.com/ These are all located on Beach Blvd.

Winchester Mystery House in SJ is a great place to visit, very interesting tour. the SJ Area also has Paramounts Great America Theme Park.
Thanks,

We did the medieval dinner and show last time. It was great. The wife wants to do the Pirates one this time.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:51 AM   #10
LtNoogie

Do you want to see snow?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:55 AM   #11
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
Funnel cake at knotts!!!!! Theres a ton of good rollercoasters to ride at knotts. Ghostrider is a good enough reason to go. Contraband is right about autobachs for car stuff, then fry's for your comp stuff :P. I dont really like universal though, their rides arent that great.

Edit: not too long after i typed this up i saw something about universal on the news. the escalator at the front of the park the side that goes up suddenly started going backwards. people fell down the escalator. freakin scary!

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header

Last edited by eii; 11-18-2008 at 08:50 AM.
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #12
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
The last time i went to Universal most of the shows were cancelled, but I have been there quite a few times I was just disappointed the last time i went, which was about a two years ago, things may have changed by now.

contraband831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #13
bigjohn2ca
Fire Dancer

Drives: 2008 Yaris S HB
Knotts is a fairly decent experience. Yes, the funnel cakes ARE THE SHIZNIT!!! Those are an absolute must. Ghostrider will correct any back problems you have if you sit in the back car. Log ride rocks! The Boomerang is my favorite coaster. And of course, the
2nd tallest structure in Orange Co., Supreme Scream, is bad-ass. I would definately put some major thought into the Pirates show. Really pricey and not really worth it. If you've been to Midevil Times, you could probably skip Pirates, although the food was better. And just an FYI, I worked right across the street from Knotts and Claim Jumper and got a full compliment on reviews from Pirates and heard nothing really outstandinga about it.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:53 PM   #14
*MAD DOG*

bump, anyone else got any suggestions?

Old 11-27-2008, 02:38 AM   #15
Malaya1221
super duper M*******TOR

Drives: 2007 jahPANIS egg(Sarao Phil)
if you haven't been at knotts u have to try it, it's one of those things! you could also check out museums over at downtown(lots of them by staples center) or peterson automotive museum on wilshire blvd!
Malaya1221 is offline   Reply With Quote