Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Ceramic coat - CQuartz

Decided to take the plunge and buy CQuarts ceramic coat for my car. It sees a lot of road crap since it's a DD over here in the GTA. This seemed to be the best option for paint durability as waxing it ever 2 weeks ended up being more work than life would let me do.

I had to apply this in the hot sun which is not ideal but it does lead to a much faster curing time. I did mess up and take too long to wipe off the hood, roof and trunk lid, meaning I'll have to re polish and re apply. In the direct sun it looks spotless but in cloudy weather you can see streaking in these areas. It says drying time is 1-5mins but in direct sun with very hot paint it's about 1 minute before you have to wipe it down.

Over all I am very impressed with how this turned out, the shine is much better than any synthetic wax gave my car, it is a much deeper gloss and the finish is so smooth. I plan on using Car Pro EcHo2 diluted as a quick detailer to wipe off the dust that builds up every day, and Car pro reload as a ceramic coat maintainer after each wash.

I will be now using an electric 1700 psi power washer with foam cannon to wash the car when the dirt is fairly built up approx every 4 weeks. Followed by the Car Pro reload to keep the ceramic coat built up. Every few days I'll just be
using the detailer spray to keep the dust off.

I'm fan of these ceramic coats, just take note that the prep work going into the car before you lay it down takes a lot of work. I spent about 5 hrs total on the car between washing, clay baring, 2x polishing, alcohol wipe down and finallty ceramic coat.