Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2013, 05:31 AM   #19
Chuckie

Drives: 2011 Yaris Hatchback
These ones go where the 4 point front lower strutbar hooks up. There are four of them.
Or they might be the two in the very front of the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.6 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by Chuckie; 09-30-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Rear for what? There's no subframe in the rear of the car.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #21
Chuckie

At rear, color gold
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.6 KB, 150 views)
Old 10-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #22
evo165

Drives: peArL yAvItZ!!
Send a message via MSN to evo165
Bro Chuckie, do your buy your from the Europe company?

At 170+ Euro front kit, it come in 2 or 4 collars?

They are not cheap at all... hehe...

Thanks!!
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
evo165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 PM   #23
evo165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittelklasse View Post
I have had a similar setup installed in Thailand.
They are made of aluminum, machined to replicate Spoon's.
Copper grease was also applied to prevent seizure.

I can confirm it has a noticeable effect on our Yaris.
The car feels 'heavier' -- 'more European-ish'
Front caster angles were also increased, due to change in subframe position.

I'll say it's pretty best bang for the buck mod.
I paid for just approx. US$80 here. (They have service life of 3 years, however.)
Bro, the one you buy from in Thailand. Do they have online shop to ship worldwide?
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
Old 10-03-2013, 12:00 AM   #24
Chuckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo165 View Post
Bro Chuckie, do your buy your from the Europe company?

At 170+ Euro front kit, it come in 2 or 4 collars?

They are not cheap at all... hehe...

Thanks!!
I got mine here in the P.I from someone thst carries the RZCrewGarage set, a company out of Singapore. 8 pieces. 80$ a set.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #25
evo165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
I got mine here in the P.I from someone thst carries the RZCrewGarage set, a company out of Singapore. 8 pieces. 80$ a set.
Your link of the RZ Crew Garage is not working... My location is in Singapore
Old 10-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #26
evo165

Got it!! :) complete set of 8. Awaiting for the arrival in the next few days...

From my understanding the front is 4 and rear is 2. Where will the balance of 2 go to?
Old 10-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #27
japle

Drives: Vitz S 2007 LB
How much is it including the shipping to malaysia?
japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #28
evo165

You can email him directly at RZ Crew Garage. ;) It cost 150S$ for a set of 8.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #29
Chuckie

Quote:
Got it!! :) complete set of 8. Awaiting for the arrival in the next few days...

From my understanding the front is 4 and rear is 2. Where will the balance of 2 go to?
2 at the very front, 4 where the 4 point front lower strutbar connects and two right by the rear wheels
Old 10-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #30
Chuckie

Quote:
Your link of the RZ Crew Garage is not working... My location is in Singapore
Youre from Singapore and havnt heard of RZCrew? Hmm, must be a new outfit huh??
Old 10-03-2013, 06:14 AM   #31
evo165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
Youre from Singapore and havnt heard of RZCrew? Hmm, must be a new outfit huh??
Either RZ Chew are not that popular yet in local or I am always hiding in the "mountain"

The 2 at the very front meaning the bolt that hold the front lower arm?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #32
Chuckie

Quote:
Either RZ Chew are not that popular yet in local or I am always hiding in the "mountain"

The 2 at the very front meaning the bolt that hold the front lower arm?
I dont know 100%. Probably. Ask the guys over at the store. Theyre just on local call away..:)
Old 04-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #33
aeipee13
DKDC

Drives: Yarlet
Just wanted to dig up this old thread because the Spoon Rigid Collars are the truth. Almost feels like the car has been spot welded. Everything works better suspension-wise and you can really feel it during turns and when you hit an unexpected bump.

I recently added whiteline control arm bushings and had to remove one of the collars but the hardware provided with the whiteline bushings are nearly the same idea. Whiteline tightens up the play between the control arm bushing, bolt, and crossmember using the bushing itself and washers on the top and bottom that have a little lip serving as a "collar" between the bolt hole and the bolt.

I know people call bullshit but think about suspension geometry and all the vibrations and wiggling that goes on. If you still don't understand drive someone's yaris with collars and be amazed.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #34
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeipee13 View Post
Just wanted to dig up this old thread because the Spoon Rigid Collars are the truth. Almost feels like the car has been spot welded. Everything works better suspension-wise and you can really feel it during turns and when you hit an unexpected bump.

I recently added whiteline control arm bushings and had to remove one of the collars but the hardware provided with the whiteline bushings are nearly the same idea. Whiteline tightens up the play between the control arm bushing, bolt, and crossmember using the bushing itself and washers on the top and bottom that have a little lip serving as a "collar" between the bolt hole and the bolt.

I know people call bullshit but think about suspension geometry and all the vibrations and wiggling that goes on. If you still don't understand drive someone's yaris with collars and be amazed.
Where did you order these from?
Old 04-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #35
aeipee13
DKDC

Drives: Yarlet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Where did you order these from?
I got mine from RHDjapan but there are plenty on options online. RHDJapan is a grey market importer and they are 100% legit.

Of course you pay for products like this and people will say whatever they want about price but rigid collars are worth it. I've been using mine for over 2 years now and have no issue other than being faster in turns.

I am firm believer if an upgrade makes the driver more confident and happier behind the wheel, F@*k whatever anyone else thinks.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #36
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I ordered a set of Spoon collar from RHDJapan, should have them within a couple weeks. I already have Whiteline control arm bushings and TRD rear bushing collars so it will be interesting to see what I notice