Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
Crown

Drives: 05 Crown Victoria, 14 Yaris
Kind of a ridiculous wheel question....

Hey all. I recently obtained a 2014 Yaris for a runaround/commuter car, replacing my 4.6 V8 Mercury.

This car would be used in the winter to keep my other car salt/rust free (even though I've already oil undercoated the yaris and all my cars)... but I assume winter tires are a must with the very narrow rims and just living in New England in general.

I don't really want to go out and spend coin on a new set of steelies and winter wheels for this car, but I do have a full, practically new (5k miles on them) General Altimax Arctic snow tires on 17" Mustang wheels that I got for my Ford Panther body cars. It's just a thought at this point... but would using short hubcentric wheel adapters be a feat worth accomplishing? Tire size of the snows are 235/55/17.

Have not tried to fit anything up but let me know if I am crazy or not!
Crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Most likely will not fit without major modification to the body of the car. Those tires are approx 4" taller than the oem yaris tires.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #3
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
As far as the let me know at the bottom, I'm going with crazy......just sayin....
Old 05-05-2019, 10:26 AM   #4
Col_kurtz

Drives: 2014 yaris L 3door hatch 1.5l
You are overthinking. The yaris with its lightweight body and thin tires actually works great in the snow. I've had 2 an 07 and now a 14, I live in Toledo Ohio which gets its share of snow. I have never, repeat never got stuck in a yaris. I've gotten my grand Cherokee stuck, Chevy cobalt stuck, Ford ranger stuck, explorer stuck, grand marquis stuck, civic stuck. All of these cars I e owned and at some ti.e got stuck in the snow. My yarises never! Even delivering pizza in leval 3 snow emergency it never got stuck. Dont lower it, and when you go to replace the tire you can get a slightly wider tire if you like. But unless you are going off road in the winter you are fine.
Col_kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote