Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
geordiejohn

Drives: Yaris 1.3 CDXi. X reg auto
back passenger floor carpet soaked ?

hello i have got a Yaris 1.3 cdxi auto on a x reg plate and i have found my back passenger floor soaking wet,i took it to a Toyota dealer today who wanted my car for 2 days to do a wet test and they also want to do a diagnostic check which would cost me £130 and costs for labour,when i got home i got my hose out and sprayed all around the door with newspaper inside,when i had finished the paper was dry so i do not think it is the door seal,i looked on this site and saw something about glove box plugs,has anyone got any ideas what i can do please?
thank you.
geordiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
There are two round plugs that should be installed on the bottom of the car. US bound Yaris are shipped from Japan with them not installed and then the dealer is supposed to install them as part of the dealer preparation when the car is sold. I would think that it would be the same with your French made Yaris.

Check the thread below for a picture of where they should be installed:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42883
Old 11-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
geordiejohn

Drives: Yaris 1.3 CDXi. X reg auto
ok thank you i will have a look and post back my findings.
geordiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote