Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-14-2008, 08:19 PM   #19
eii
Rides canyon walls

Drives: 1988 RX7 FC 10th AE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemelek View Post
Yours might be missing. Mine was in the black box to the right of the spare tire.
On the sedan mine it was attached under the cover that goes over the spare tire. There was also a black bag with a socket wrench and the tow hook .

OEM Style Wing Spoiler | TRD Axle-Back Exhaust | Megan Lowering Springs (1.5 f/r) | Simota Carbon Charger Intake | Python 871XP Alarm System | Aluminum Sports Pedal | 17x7 +42mm Enkei J10 Black w/ Silver Lip | 205/40 Falken Ziex-912 | NST Lite Crank Pulley Red | 1ZZ-FE Throttle Body | AMK Racing Header
eii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:59 PM   #20
earljail

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 5speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by eii View Post
On the sedan mine it was attached under the cover that goes over the spare tire. There was also a black bag with a socket wrench and the tow hook .
That's exactly how it is in my hatchback.

also
Quote:
Originally Posted by POORSHA
Get a good floor jack and use stands if you are going under the car.
earljail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:10 AM   #21
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
If you noticed, my post said make and model of "CAR". Those 2 you listed are not cars.
My '05 GTO's car jack was better, and so was the temporary spare; sillythang was a spoked aluminum wheel instead of the usual stamped steel.

Overall, still much more pleased with the Yaris though.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #22
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
I was planning on changing my exhaust, can anyone tell me where the jack is located in the car.... I looked for it everywhere in the boot, couldnt find it anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
It's under the driver's seat. Check your manual for location and how to get it out. It can be a bit tricky.
This is half correct, the jack in left hand drive countries is under the drivers seat, but in right hand countries it's under the passenger seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
thanks mate
But what really makes me laugh is that jinxor does not know the difference between the drivers side of the car and the passenger side of the car cause he does not correct WeeYari or tell him that here in Australia (where jinxor and i live) the jack is under the passenger seat. Typical Sydneysider..........

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #23
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
If you noticed, my post said make and model of "CAR". Those 2 you listed are not cars.
If you noticed, my original post stated that the Yaris had the cheapest jack that had ever used. Why don't you make a list of OEM jacks that are inferior to the Yaris jack?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #24
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemelek View Post
If you noticed, my original post stated that the Yaris had the cheapest jack that had ever used. Why don't you make a list of OEM jacks that are inferior to the Yaris jack?
1990 Ford Ranger
1995 Honda Accord
2009 Accura TL

All of these jacks are the same quality or worse than the Yaris. I bet the Yaris is the cheapest car you have ever bought too.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #25
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
true that MD... i didnt realise that...when he said the drivers seat.... i first went and saw under the passenger side... (didnt know why i did that) lolz... and its nothing to do with being a sydneysider...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #26
DesertRatR

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 Door Hatchback
Under the front seat!

Does anyone know why Toyota hid the jack under the driver's seat, under a very hard to remove plastic cover that well disguises the jack, rather than in the box next to the spare that already holds the tire iron and jack handle and has plenty of room for the jack? What were the designers thinking? Call AAA instead of changing a tire onself?
DesertRatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #27
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
Uhm, maybe because its unused inaccessible space, whereas the trunk is user-accessible and useful for all kinds of things? I find that the plastic boxes under the trunk lid is great for ammunition and a tool box. If I put that stuff under the seat, it would slide out and look suspicious to a cop when I get pulled over.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #28
746watts

Drives: 2014 yaris hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRatR View Post
Does anyone know why Toyota hid the jack under the driver's seat, under a very hard to remove plastic cover that well disguises the jack, rather than in the box next to the spare that already holds the tire iron and jack handle and has plenty of room for the jack? What were the designers thinking? Call AAA instead of changing a tire onself?
they might have been thinking about an unsecured jack flying towards your head in an impact if was sat in that recess in the boot.
746watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #29
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Those kind of jacks are for emergency use only no mater what the load capacity is.
They are for changing a tire on the hi-way and that is about it. They are not intended for any other purpose.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #30
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
I bought one of these hydraulic trolley jacks for $25 to get the car up high enough to put axle stands under the car for safety when working on it. the car jack that actually comes with the car is close to useless as its so flimsy it can be dangerous.

get one of these.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

And a 4 pack of these
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote