Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-26-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
jeikz

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris YR 3 Door
Hope this wasn't one of our yarisworld forum members :-)

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/la...ZhbGw9MQ%3D%3D

Man charged over Harbour Bridge incident and CBD pursuit
Sunday, 25 Oct 2009 03:06pm

A 25-year-old man has been charged with driving offences after an incident on the Sydney Harbour Bridge and a pursuit through Sydney’s CBD earlier today.

Shortly before 3am today (Sunday 25 October 2009), the male driver of a 2006 Toyota Yaris failed to stop at a police checkpoint in High Street at Kirribilli.

The vehicle, containing the male, a female passenger, and a dog, was allegedly driven on the northern approaches of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and then onto the main deck, which had been closed as part of preparations for ‘Breakfast On The Bridge’.

The Toyota was followed by a police vehicle, but the 25-year-old male driver allegedly ignored all official directions to stop. The vehicle then continued over the bridge and into Sydney’s CBD.

About 3.10am, police located the Toyota being driven in George Street near Wynyard Railway Station.

A pursuit commenced and the vehicle was followed through a number of Sydney streets before it was finally stopped at Elizabeth and Kippax Streets in Surry Hills.

A 25-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman were arrested and taken to Surry Hills Police Station for questioning. The female was later released without charge. The dog is being cared for at a veterinary hospital in Sydney’s south.

A 25-year-old man from Sans Souci was charged with a number of offences including drive manner dangerous and drive speed dangerous. He was refused bail and appeared via video-link to Parramatta Bail Court.

There were no injuries as a result of the incident, however a police vehicle was damaged when it struck a barricade.
jeikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Sounds like the police driver , needs more driver trainning
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #3
Masteraal

Drives: Black Yaris YRS 3dr Manual
thats what i was thinking... no one should be striking barricades chasing a 1.3-1.5L car :P
Masteraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #4
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
I'm not from Australia, but i find this hilarious. Sounds like the little Yaris gave them a good run for their money. So they lost him when he went over a bridge, and it took them 10 minutes to find him? And they damaged a police car when it hit a barricade?? Funny shit, if you ask me... I wish I could have seen it hauling ass through town, dodging cops...

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteraal View Post
thats what i was thinking... no one should be striking barricades chasing a 1.3-1.5L car :P
Are you sure it wasn't you Masteraal, your in Sydney....and have a dog in your avatar....LOL!!!

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #6
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
haha this sounds funny :p
how embarrising, its truely the skill of the driver not the car he drives...
V8 versus 4cyl? COME ON!

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:50 AM   #7
elijahsami

Drives: yaris hatch & sedan
The copper must av been drunk or sumthing or the yaris was been driven by the stig hahaha