Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2018, 04:25 PM   #18
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
The "simplest" solution for this is to just find a wrecked Series 2 Elise with the supercharged 2ZR motor. Buy the drivetrain and engine electronics. Follow the already well documented 2ZR swaps elsewhere on this site. Done. =)
it still has to be same year same car in america for the swap to be legal in most states that you would actually want to drive it in ie california non salt belt areas non hurricane areas.

but funding one of those is a pain in the butt. plus i want to keep mine an autobox because i dont like manuals so still leaves those really rare seats that i need.

i found a secondary alternative but i cant reveal what because id like them first.

regardless a warrantied factory build new car will always fit better then any vehicle someone puts together because its all automated and perfect.

so we want the GRMN in america and canada. its really simple stop walling us.

Edit: forgot to add ive been assembling a GR for a while now on my own yaris and have almost 90% of the parts documented but there really expensive and one off so it will take some time.

also forgot to add that SPAIN get a LHD version of the GRMN.

ive always wondered if these are made to order..... hmmmm....................
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote