Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-24-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
duende_80

Drives: Toyota yaris D4D
Problem with central locking kit

Hi all, I am installing a central locking kit in my yaris 5 door 2008, this in particular: http://www.ebay.es/itm/221177044983?...84.m1497.l2649
I followed the steps of the central locking Tutorial CTScott the first post of this thread: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860, the problem is that I have understood that the closure centralized is negative, but I am only works for positive / negative and put it in doubt wrong not sure I would like to put it wrong.

Do not know if this scheme does not work for my car being European is not written English and half do not understand.

The scheme uses my kit is this:

And that works for me is the outline:"positive and negative trigger" and I believed that it was worth for the yaris was: "negative trigger"

A greeting and thanks.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Welcome!

The Yaris does require negative triggers for the lock and unlock, so you will wire your European Yaris the same as the Japanese built US Yaris.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
duende_80

Thanks for the reply CTScott, then I understand that I have to do the outline on the left (negative trigger), but doing it that way works I just lock release button and the lock does not work, but if I use the scheme right (positive and negative trigger) it works perfectly, but I understand that with this scheme unlock'm getting positive and if require negative trigger the car be damaged something.

I'm doing well or I am failing you?

A greeting and thanks.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Are you using aftermarket lock actuators or did your car come with power locks?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
duende_80

My car comes with original central locking remote control, what I wanted to do was change the original remote control of another key with remote control
Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by duende_80 View Post
My car comes with original central locking remote control, what I wanted to do was change the original remote control of another key with remote control
A fuse would blow if the car was not happy, so you may be OK. Were the wire colors on your car the same as in my document?

If they were not, which ones were different.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
duende_80

Yes, the colors are the same color, but still later ire and otherwise confirmed the car because if the colors were very similar.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
duende_80

This afternoon I looked at the cables and are the same color, brown locking and unlocking green. I'm a bit scared as the scheme put positive / negative trigger car being negative trigger.

Old 09-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Try it with the positive/negative method, but do not connect +12 volts to the two wires where it shows +12. Just leave those two wires not connected.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
duende_80

With the positive / negative trigger works well, if you say I can do it I will fio me more about your experience than mine.
So I'll take and will put the final installation of automatic rearview mirror indoor to what I have now provisionally.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
duende_80

CTScott, our car has door control receiver, you could remove the door control receiver and set the exchange of kit? or incompatible? Because I think the other way I will not have all the options you have the original closure, is not it?

What I do like about your car is that you have to give 2 clicks to open all the doors in the car with a pulsation our open all doors and more settings like yours.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by duende_80 View Post
CTScott, our car has door control receiver, you could remove the door control receiver and set the exchange of kit? or incompatible? Because I think the other way I will not have all the options you have the original closure, is not it?

What I do like about your car is that you have to give 2 clicks to open all the doors in the car with a pulsation our open all doors and more settings like yours.
You could remove the door control receiver if you are using an aftermarket one. Having both in place should not cause problems, but is is better to just have one in the system.

The single or double click for the doors is usually programmable with both OEM and aftermarket central locks. With Toyota, you need the Toyota service tool to change from one mode to the other.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
duende_80

Thanks CTScott, I think I found a bug in my scheme, I put a wire had to go to ground and opening, I saw the outline of a yaris club mate of Spain which is the same pattern and I saw that the opening Cable is the top of the dough, when it stops raining in the car proves negative trigger.