Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Project cars / trucks

Figured since I finally got moving on this project and had some meaningful photos id post them.

Picked up the ranger about a month ago, rebuilt the 302 in the basement (carried all 450-500lbs up two flights of stairs).

This is the type of stuff I do as a hobby / business. I like the oldschool stuff, carbs and cubes. Once this thing goes in for its satin black paint and the wheels get the same (less chrome center cap) itll be a real sleeper.
270hp in a ranger, sweet.

I also have a '70 chev with a built 350 in need of sheet metal.

Almost bought two '58 caddies to go with the wifes '94 but too much cash stuck in ongoing projects. Truck should be up for sale next month if all goes well.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...6/e910caf7.jpg

vertical drop - 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag, lol.

engine in

front shot

making up for the yaris fuel savings
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
I have 5 MR2's (2 parts cars), 4 RX7's (again 2 pc's),83 Celica, 47 and 48 Plymouth, 52 Ford Victoria, 46 Ford truck, 49 & 53 Chev truck, 87 Ford pickup, and Black Betty my Yaris. Way to much to work on.

The daughters drove the 3 titled MR2's into the ground...I'm afraid as soon as I put the 2 good motors I have into a couple of them, they'll snatch em up so not in a real hurry to put a lot of work in em just to see em disappear. I have 3 vehicles insured with current plates and 2 with collector plates and insurance...a little much for myself, but the daughters know where to come when theirs break down!!!! The 52 Vicky is a basket case, but has 302 w/C5, Granada rear, and front discs. Need to get it all sorted and bodywork and interior...lots of hours to go. The 79 RX7 has chev V6 with tubo 350 tranny....nice toy but w/out OD it redlines about 90 mph, definately not a highway car. Not so much a gearhead but just like cars.

Nice to see all Yaris people aren't always practical!!! Looks like some good projects ya have!

PS: The 83 Celica will be for sale soon....got off ebay, South Dakota (no salt) car been stored the last 10 years, no rust but a dent behind drivers door, auto/pwr windows/factory spoiler above rear window. Got plates on last week and checking everything out before selling.

Last edited by churp; 06-13-2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: addition
churp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 11:07 PM   #3
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
Very nice! Looks like a fun project..

Here's project Combat Honda. I bought this Del Sol to drive because my girlfriend will be taking the Yaris when she gets here in July. So far I've bought a new front bumper cover, traded the Altezza tail lights for Stock tail lights, installed a new distributor/Plugs/Fuel filter, installed Skunk2 Coilovers, Blox LCAs, bought new turn signals, and a new tire. I've almost got the bass boat flake clear coat sanded off. I just bought some Flat Olive Drab Milspec paint for it and will be getting some flat black wheels for it. I'll also be fixing the honda rot around the rear fender well.

Here is the car when I bought it.

The original owner decided to heat the coils with a torch, this doesn't look healthy. They had to go..

They were replaced with these..

Mostly sanded, took it out for a drive to make sure it was running ok with the suspension and new dizzy. This thing handles AWESOME!

Hopefully I'll have the rust fixed and painted next week.
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:21 AM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
whoa, those springs looks baaad.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:08 AM   #5
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
whoa, those springs looks baaad.
Let this be a lesson to all, if you value your life don't heat your coils. You can't tell from that picture, but even the shock rods are bent. I'd like to find the person that thought this was a good idea and punch him in the face.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:31 AM   #6
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
i'm working on a '73 Super Beetle, bought it last year and i'm still getting together. also my fiances' father '75 super Beetle convertible. he bought last year with a damaged trans and leaking oil. i took the engine and trans off and repaired them, i just need time to put them back in the car(maybe this saturday).

i'm helping my father with 2 '56 Bettles he has. one is almost done and the other is getting the engine rebuild, just waiting on some parts.

then my brothers all got hondas, i just swaped 3 engine into different cars in the past 2 months. we got 2 cars runing perfect, '97 Civic hatch from auto to 5spd. and '00 Civic SI, both with GSR engines. The other car is a '99 Civic Hatch that i just swapped in a '04 K20 engine, i'll never do it again, too much work-still gettignt he wiring finished, hopefully this saturday also.

too many cars, not enough hours in the day to do them. plus since its family all i get is food and beer. haha.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:32 AM   #7
joey1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
Very nice! Looks like a fun project..

Here's project Combat Honda. I bought this Del Sol to drive because my girlfriend will be taking the Yaris when she gets here in July. So far I've bought a new front bumper cover, traded the Altezza tail lights for Stock tail lights, installed a new distributor/Plugs/Fuel filter, installed Skunk2 Coilovers, Blox LCAs, bought new turn signals, and a new tire. I've almost got the bass boat flake clear coat sanded off. I just bought some Flat Olive Drab Milspec paint for it and will be getting some flat black wheels for it. I'll also be fixing the honda rot around the rear fender well.

Here is the car when I bought it.

The original owner decided to heat the coils with a torch, this doesn't look healthy. They had to go..

They were replaced with these..

Mostly sanded, took it out for a drive to make sure it was running ok with the suspension and new dizzy. This thing handles AWESOME!

Hopefully I'll have the rust fixed and painted next week.

hey imagine wanna sell that DelSol? i had 2 and i've been looking for one. great, fun cars. let me know.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:28 PM   #8
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

I'll give you a shout if I ever decide to sell it. I've wanted one forever so I jumped on this one when I had the chance. I've only driven it twice.. Once to bring it home and last Saturday. It's been sitting in the garage waiting for parts the rest of the time.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #9
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
There must be 1000 civics around here with that as a permanent paint job... blue body kit and giant aluminum wing.... and of course the requisite 8" fart can.

I miss my 'open' cars... post up pics with new parts and paint.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #10
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1320 View Post
hey imagine wanna sell that DelSol? i had 2 and i've been looking for one. great, fun cars. let me know.
Del Sols ROCK. Wish i still had mine. It was RED also.

Dont understand why Honda pulled the plug so soon on it.

The targa top was what sold me on it. And the storage system in the trunk was nothing short of fantastic. It kills me when i see some halfwit had done to this one pictured.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #11
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

I agree, the Del Sol is an amazing car. I've wanted one for many years unfortunately it's getting more and more difficult to find a decent one and the good ones you find you are going to pay top dollar for them. Honda's answer for the Del Sol was the S2000, it's an ok car but the Del Sol just screams one of a kind. You are hard pressed to find many other cars out there like it.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:49 PM   #12
Bretsuaz

Drives: Yaris sedan
Picked this up at the auction last week. Funner than shit to drive. Drove this for 5 days while I was working on it. p71_03.jpg

p71_05.jpg
Bretsuaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:09 AM   #13
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
My Scion tC. 443 whp, 474 torque, currently getting a custom widebody added. Pic taken at Autocrave car show:

And next year's project. 1968 Ford Cortina Mk II GT:

Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #14
jar73186

Drives: 1984 Toyota 4-Runner
I figured I would bring this up from the dead, instead of starting a new thread.
Anyone else have any ongoing project vehicles?

I have my 4 Runner which is my continuous project.

As I bought it

During the bob (9.5")

post Bob with a 3" drop(removed the body lift)

Then the project that has taken up almost all of my time in the last couple of months.

It's a 96 geo tracker that we use for RRock, WeRock, and here at the end of the month for King of the Hammers. I can post up more pictures and the 3 build threads we have on Pirate if anyone is interested.

Adam
Old 02-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
tuckevalastin

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Personally, everything but the Yaris went on hold when I got my first college fee bill. I've got quite a few projects waiting for me once I'm in better financial shape though!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #16
DuckinOut
QUACK~!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to DuckinOut
i got my drift project i'm putting together

1995 Nissan 240sx SE

Engine:
AEM Intake
GP Evo Catback

Suspension:
SilkRoad Coilovers
GodSpeed Rear Sway
Megan Camber

Exterior:
JDM S15 Silvia Front Light Conversion
ViS S15 V-Speed Front Bumper
ViS V-Speed Skirts
ViS V-Speed Rear Bumper
eBay Aero Mirros
Unknow CF Vented Hood

Interior:
Custom Shift Boot

Audio:
Eclipse Head Unit
8" Bazooka Sub

Coming Soon:
SuperMade Instant Gentleman S15 Front Bumper
SuperMade Instana Gentleman Skirts
SuperMade Instana Gentleman Rear Bumper
Works Miesters
Bride Racing Seats
And other misc knick knacks ...

Last edited by DuckinOut; 02-09-2009 at 06:03 PM.
DuckinOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #17
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
Let this be a lesson to all, if you value your life don't heat your coils. You can't tell from that picture, but even the shock rods are bent. I'd like to find the person that thought this was a good idea and punch him in the face.
I'm speechless with astonishment..... There are just some things in life that you do not do, such as changing spring tension/compression constants by arbitrarily heating them with a torch, in the field. That's just begging for heartache.

How do I know? The way the springs seemed to have formed unevenly.

Closer examination of the metal would show where it was heated.

Now if they'd removed the springs and given them a controlled anneal and temper that would be different... my only question is why? A softer ride?

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #18
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
I had to push that fun stuff mostly to the side for Grad school. I do have some electronics projects floating around that I pick at, but that's offtopic for this thread.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote