Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
Cluster cable extensions QUESTIONS

is there someone who has made extentions for the cluster cables ?

I keep on saying I want to rellocate my cluster into the "gloveBox" behind my steering wheel.. and now that I have the digital LED one it is even more tempting to do

my plan is to have an "infotainement screen" really just an android tablet with Android Auto plugged in there (with Torque Pro appand couple of other car related apps and stuff) at the location of our actual cluster... and relocate our cluster to where it really belongs :AKA behind the wheel

but for the relocation I need cable extensions.... does someone has made some ? for a canadian LHD one ? I need at LEAST a meter and a half more of cable to be "comfortable" with the swap/relocation

if there is someone here that is willing to make that professionnaly, I am willing to pay for it to be done (I am no electric kind of guy... but bring me the tools and I can construct anything like legos )

Last edited by ACKING_QC; 02-20-2018 at 01:25 AM.
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:26 AM   #2
ACKING_QC

really ? no one ?
Old 02-21-2018, 02:09 AM   #3
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Drives: 07 Yaris HB 1.3 (EU)
What you could do is cut the connectors off and add extensions cables yourself, but wouldn't recommend that at all. Having an extension made professionally is out of the question as well; There's gotta be a certain demand for those. This is the simplest way in order to do that, I'm actually looking forward to you bringing your project to fruition. Best of luck.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
ACKING_QC

I can do that, I'm pretty sure... splicing cables one by one would be time consumming but the best way to NOT screw everything up...

but I just want to know if people have some already made extensions; for me, that'll be great... otherwise I'll need cable splicer and a shit ton of cable
Old 02-27-2018, 06:51 PM   #5
1zzVitz05

Drives: Echo 05
Who are you kidding? no one ever did, nor will ever do (except you) i think.

I really think youre gonna have to pioneer the hell outta this by yourself.. Get to work!
I already suggested to you to have more than one wiring harness incase something goes wrong and especially thats its your dd and your only car..

Betcha people extend wires on a daily basis for wire tuck, things like that. Maybe if you look around on vw forum, or civic forums for how to's and shit itll be more clear.
1zzVitz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:17 AM   #6
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
I can splice you an extension. We can look into what you need and I'll make you a quote. I'm in Montreal.
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #7
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
I can splice you an extension. We can look into what you need and I'll make you a quote. I'm in Montreal.
well that's rather fortunate ! I'm living in St Lin Laurentides! at what.. 30min of Montreal :P

I have planned that when snow melts I'd go to a local scrapyard (where there's a wrecked Yaris) and bust the cluster cables that are hopefully still there; last time I went there, all of the interior was there soo it's promising... but I'll keep you in mind for sure !
Old 03-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #8
David C

When I was at Kenny u-pull Laval last week, they had quite a few of them left.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:48 AM   #9
ACKING_QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
When I was at Kenny u-pull Laval last week, they had quite a few of them left.
WHAT? that's new !!

last year the only one I could find was in an Edmonton Kenny U Pull...

I guess too many St Hubert driver crashed their delivery cars and now we all left with Yellow decomissionned Yaris in scrapyards maan if there's a decent 2009 one with the RS bumper I might go there and buy the bumper
Old 03-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #10
David C

The only RS with a front bumper I saw was black and the bumper was ripped in two. All of their Yaris HB are front crashes. There's some decent rear bumpers with foam inserts tho. They are all '07 to '09 and recently crashed (maybe a year at most ?) judging on how much rust and how the interior look. Most of them still had the clusters untouched, but all of them had the interior climate control trim and often console wiring stripped already.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #11
ACKING_QC

by ripped in 2 what do you mean ? because if it's on 2-3 spots with 2-3 cracks then a couple of red tie-wrap and voila! if... it's completely ripped in 2... then SAD... VERY VERY SAD !

I own an 08 so rear bumper would look weird with my JDM tail lights (missing parts etc)

I planned to convert the front to 09 RS because that bumper is soo DOPE !
Old 04-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #12
mirageman

Drives: 2009 yaris
Do you have pictures of the digital led one? Where'd you get it?
mirageman is offline   Reply With Quote