Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #55
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Just wondering if anyone has received a recall letter or anything from Toyota yet?
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #56
Killchain

Drives: '10 Yaris LB Polar White
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
Just wondering if anyone has received a recall letter or anything from Toyota yet?

No letter yet, but I use Toyota Owners iPhone app. I check with the VIN on the app, nothing yet.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #57
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I checked my VIN on the Toyota website the day after the recall was announced and both recalls popped up on my screen. I'd like to get this fixed ASAP. Sad thing is the day the recall was announced, I called the Toyota dealership and the customer service guy was very confused as well, he relayed to me the fact that Toyota told nothing of this to the dealerships and they found out just as consumers found out...by the news and word of mouth. If that's indeed true, Toyota should be a bit more "thoughtful" to it's dealers.
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #58
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
I just checked my VIN, both recall for spiral cable and seat comes up.

I didnt pay any attention before, as I thought my airbag light was lit because of my aftermarket seat. The resistor mod is in place but, I did notice that the airbag light would sometimes go on and off, I thought i just had to clear the code. Also before a few weeks ago, my race seat was directly bolted to the car with no OEM slider. But now I am using the slider for the extra height it gives. I am more worried about any issues coming from the passenger stock seat.

Im assuming i should put the stock driver seat back in for whenever the recall has a fix.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #59
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Same here. I can't wait to get this fixed I've had that stupid airbag light on in my dash for 5 years.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #60
CB Spoolmak

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
I entered my VIN for my 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan into Toyota Canadas' recall vin identifier & I got an all clear. Can I trust their website? Should I check again in a month or so?
CB Spoolmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #61
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Same here. I can't wait to get this fixed I've had that stupid airbag light on in my dash for 5 years.
It is irritating.....and mine only popped up for the first time on 4-25-14.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:07 AM   #62
comk4ver

Drives: '08 Yaris
I'd wait one month because that's what the dealership told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Spoolmak View Post
I entered my VIN for my 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan into Toyota Canadas' recall vin identifier & I got an all clear. Can I trust their website? Should I check again in a month or so?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
comk4ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:47 AM   #63
The Limo 2

Yesterday I entered my VIN for my 2007 sedan into the Toyota Canada's recall vin identifier and I also got an all clear.
Roy
The Limo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #64
The Limo 2

I received a letter from Toyota Canada today.
It says

Certain 2006-2010 Model Year Yaris Hatchback
Certain 2007-2010 Model Year Yaris Sedan
Certain 2008-2010 Model Year Scion xD
Driver Side Seat Track Assembly &
Passenger Seat Track Assembly (3 Door-Yaris Hatchback Only)
(Pre-Notification)

Dear Toyota owner:
This notice is being sent to you in accordance with the requirement of the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Toyota has determined that a defect that relates to motor vehicle safety may exist in certain 2006-2010 Model Year Yaris Hatchback, certain 2007-2010 Model Year Yaris Sedan and certain 2008-2010 Model Year Scion xD vehicles. Our records indicate that you currently own a vehicle that is involved in this campaign.
We are currently in the process of preparing the campaign remedy parts and will notify you with important information regarding this campaign and the steps you can take at this time.
What is the condition?
In the seat rail of the driver seat of the subject vehicles and also the front passenger seat of three-door models, the springs used for the mechanism which lock the seat rail in its adjusting positions could break. This can happen if the seat is adjusted forward and/or rearward with high frequency. If the seat rail spring breaks, the seat may not lock into the adjusted position. If the vehicle is operated with a broken seat rail spring, the seat could move in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury to the occupant.
The Limo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #65
Ranger SVO

Drives: 2010 Yaris
I got my letter yesterday.

It says the same thing as the above letter

Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
Giordano Bruno
Ranger SVO is offline   Reply With Quote