Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #1
GiovanniVan

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 2007
Hood aligment offset from bumper help

So the previous owner of my Yaris crashed the car before and the hood won't align in the front. I'm a car newb and idk what to actually do so any recommendations?

Picture:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8X...it?usp=sharing
GiovanniVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
If only the front edge is the issue, and even the outer edges are OK, then the issue may be that the wrong radiator support frame was used. The sedan one has different bumper mounting points than the hatchback one.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
GiovanniVan

Can I somewhat pull or push that or something so that I can align it? And yes, its also only on the front edge.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:39 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniVan View Post
Can I somewhat pull or push that or something so that I can align it? And yes, its also only on the front edge.
Is it the entire front edge, or just the center? If it is the entire thing, then you can adjust the rubber bumpers that the hood closes against. They can be twisted in or out to adjust their height.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
bairjo

If the hood was replaced with an after market part from say..oh China, it may never fit right. The question to me would be which parts of the car have been replaced, if any, and which ones are the wrong dimension? Also, as I recall, if you check the 07 shop manual, available on Yarisworld somewhere, it gives the exact measurements as to placement of each body part in the body repair section. I'm at work right now and would find it for you but need to get off here while on the clock LOL!
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #6
GiovanniVan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Is it the entire front edge, or just the center? If it is the entire thing, then you can adjust the rubber bumpers that the hood closes against. They can be twisted in or out to adjust their height.
Ok so, I found the problem, ALL the clip holders (like the metal thing from the radiator) are all bent, and a lot, I tried shaping them back to place but they are very hurt and I'm afraid to break them. I shaped them as much as I could and these are the results.

Pictures:

Old 09-25-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
GiovanniVan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairjo View Post
If the hood was replaced with an after market part from say..oh China, it may never fit right. The question to me would be which parts of the car have been replaced, if any, and which ones are the wrong dimension? Also, as I recall, if you check the 07 shop manual, available on Yarisworld somewhere, it gives the exact measurements as to placement of each body part in the body repair section. I'm at work right now and would find it for you but need to get off here while on the clock LOL!
Lol, that's a good question, I don't know what was replaced or not. I just found out that some pins are bent so yeah.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiovanniVan View Post
Ok so, I found the problem, ALL the clip holders (like the metal thing from the radiator) are all bent, and a lot, I tried shaping them back to place but they are very hurt and I'm afraid to break them. I shaped them as much as I could and these are the results.

Pictures:

That actually looks quite a bit better. The bent pieces are not very expensive to replace and the aftermarket ones are fine (from my experience) as long as you make sure that you get the correct ones (sedan or liftback).
Old 09-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #9
GiovanniVan

Quote:
That actually looks quite a bit better. The bent pieces are not very expensive to replace and the aftermarket ones are fine (from my experience) as long as you make sure that you get the correct ones (sedan or liftback).
Ahh, glad to hear that, I'll replace them shortly, right now saving up for springs. Thanks for your help
Old 09-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #10
bairjo

The part number for the for the retainer clips under the front of the hood holding the bumper in place is 904670707122.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
The part number for the for the retainer clips under the front of the hood holding the bumper in place is 904670707122.
I think he means bent sheet metal as opposed to those little plastic retainers.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #12
bairjo

Quote:
I think he means bent sheet metal as opposed to those little plastic retainers.
I am sure you are correct....I never recall a time when you were not. Nonetheless, he may need that part number some day....I did.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I am sure you are correct....I never recall a time when you were not. Nonetheless, he may need that part number some day....I did.
LOL. I go through quite a few of them as well. I buy them in packs of 25.

Tags
bumper, front, hood, sedan