Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Drama
sprocket

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3dr
Smile Just bought 2010 yaris with 42 miles

I bought it new from Toyota South in Richmond,Ky 3 dr, Auto, I sure wish it had a tach, and had a switch to dis-able the traction control, I`ve already swapped the wheels and tires,The wheels are seven X -15X7,with falen 912`s. And put 6K H.I.D.s in. And debageded./and blacked out the toyota elblems, I bought a Sparco Chrono seat and working on installing it this week., The little car runs decent for no more power than it has, My toy car in the garage is a 1988 Turbo 2 mazda rx-7. Two years ago I did a FD engine swap to it with a haltech E8 it had the factory twins with it, But just built a new motor and went single with a garret 35R. You can find pictures of it on the rx7club.com My username there is the same as here. Back on the Yaris,Am thinking of a throttle controller to improve the out of the hole. Any feedback on it would be very helpful.
Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
i hear good things about the throttle controller for the DBW throttles now. personally dont have one but if you do a search you will find alot of *two thumbs ups* on them. easy install too.

congrats on your yaris find. welcome to the club. we would all like to see pictures of ur car when u got a chance to do so.. u can disable to trac control by:

hand brake on
start vehicle
brake 2x's on second time hold brake down while performing next step
hand brake off, on, off, on
brake 2 more times
after the second brake the traction light should come on and stay on.

there are other threads with this info as well
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Drama
sprocket

hand brake on
start vehicle
brake 2x's on second time hold brake down while performing next step
hand brake off, on, off, on
brake 2 more times
after the second brake the traction light should come on and stay on.

Holy shit all this for disable, What if I want to enable it back to normal.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
turn the car off, and back on.. lol.. its actually very fast once u start doing it everytime you start the car. its like second nature to me now. takes like 3 seconds. i have found out that if you start the car and either open the door or leave the car running for a certain amount of time that you cannot use this method. u gotta turn the car off and start it back up again.. alot of the new cars nowadays use some kinda pattern to disable vsc if it doesnt come with the button
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Drama
sprocket

Thank You very much.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
3dr5speedblk
StickShift

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
I bought it new from Toyota South in Richmond,Ky 3 dr, Auto, I sure wish it had a tach, and had a switch to dis-able the traction control, I`ve already swapped the wheels and tires,The wheels are seven X -15X7,with falen 912`s. And put 6K H.I.D.s in. And debageded./and blacked out the toyota elblems, I bought a Sparco Chrono seat and working on installing it this week., The little car runs decent for no more power than it has, My toy car in the garage is a 1988 Turbo 2 mazda rx-7. Two years ago I did a FD engine swap to it with a haltech E8 it had the factory twins with it, But just built a new motor and went single with a garret 35R. You can find pictures of it on the rx7club.com My username there is the same as here. Back on the Yaris,Am thinking of a throttle controller to improve the out of the hole. Any feedback on it would be very helpful.
Let me know how you like the HIDS.I want them for hatch bak, Are they to bright??Do you get Flashed by other cars?? When you use the low beams! Saw this guy the other night he had the blue HIDS BLINDIIING!!!!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
Drama
sprocket

My H.I.D.`s are 5k H4`s they are just right, No one try`s me. I had 6K and there just a bit brighter and was always getting flashed at so I dropped to a 5K.
And the brake thing works awesome for the traction control.