Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Rick1234
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
Unhappy Water leak on carpet

My blower fan housing became full of water because of trash in the drain line. The fan motor was ruined. This car came with NO filter above the blower fan. I also read that Toyota has redesigned a cowell to better clean the outside air intake. I have never gotten a letter from Toyota about this problem. I just turned 37,500 so I guess I'am done for.
How many of you had the same thing. I KNOW I'am not alone.
Rick1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
What a drag! I know there's no filter by the blower. I just made one from a pleated filter I use for my furnace. But to get a clogged drain in 37k miles in unusual. Most cars until just recently didnt even give an option for one.It bacame an "indoor air quality " issue within the last 5 or so.
Are you the original owner? maybe alot of dusty roads or something. I asked if you were the original owner cause if a car got wrecked, many times dust from body filler and such is notorious for clogging drains. As far as that goes it could be a dead bug,lol. Good luck. Cost of repair?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
ecenur

Drives: Toyota Yaris
I am now having the same problem, My car was purchased recently at a private dealership, it was used & it has 100,000 km on it. It's also has a list of many more problems. I'm looking into using a filter for the furnace to make a filter by the blower fan, it will have to wait though, I have to get the radiator fixed, the thermostat, and the water pump before I create things to make the car better. Your lucky you don't have these problems. Cheers!

Last edited by ecenur; 11-02-2010 at 12:14 PM.
ecenur is offline   Reply With Quote