Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Northwest
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
darkmoon87

Drives: 08 Yaris
A question to members from WA

Long story short, the question I am trying to ask you guys is about speeding ticket.

Last summer, on my way back from Seatac, I received a speeding ticket from I-5. (1AM at night, missed the construction zone speed limit sign, then ended up getting clocked while I was doing 90mph in the 60? 65? mph work zone)

Then, I couldn't show up to the court because I simply couldn't make it all the way down there for it.

I kinda really didn't bother about paying it up at first because it's not where I live (I live in BC). Also, here in BC, it is perfectly ok to ignore speeding tickets. You simply lose your right to drive, renew your driver's license, insure anything under your name, etc. That being so, I simply thought that it would be the same deal for Washington state.

Just until recently, I read a thread on a local forum made by this member who just got denied going across the border into WA for an outstanding violation ticket that he did not bother paying up, just like myself.

I thought it was okay as long as I am not behind the wheels (i.e. myself being a passenger of another person's car). I guess that's not the deal down there? I just wanted to make sure because I still do plan to go down there and I probably will since BC and WA are so close to each other. But if I am going to have troubles crossing the border even when I am not the driver, this sounds like a pain in the butt problem.

So, in short, please clarify this for me.

Can they arrest me for not paying the speeding ticket and deny the access to WA? Is it like a criminal act for not paying it up?

If so, I gotta pay this crap and suck it up :((
Thanks guys.

darkmoon87's picture thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10013
darkmoon87 is offline   Reply With Quote