Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2007, 12:55 AM   #19
gsalsiri

Drives: Toyota Yaris RS 4Dr Silver
OK! I picked up my Yaris yesterday and the salesman who helped me was great. Woodbridge Toyota. You can't get better IMO. If any one needs assistance in sales ask for Edward.
gsalsiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #20
volleyballgeek

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Follow up

Quote:
Originally Posted by volleyballgeek View Post
I have had nothing but bad service from Aurora Toyota. We had a hitch written into the deal and a bike adaptor. We got the bike adaptor a few weeks after the purchase and were told that the hitch would be 2-4 weeks. So after waiting six weeks we called and they said that Toyota still doesn't make the hitch. To make a long story short it's been over a year and half and still no hitch. Not even a phone call to tell us either. If we did not keep calling them we would never hear from them. I called toyota Canada and they are trying to tell us that we owe them money so we can just call it even. How ever we owe them shit. We checked our records and they wont send us proof. Now the Toyota Canada is telling us that it's a dealership problem and there's nothing they can do to help us.

I guess Toyota Canada doesn't stand behind there dealers or products cause we have had nothing but trouble since we bought the car.

Beware of who you deal with and shop around. Make sure you are clear on all the details and ask lots of questions. And what ever you do... NEVER GO TO AURORA TOYOTA. They are a bunch of sleazy, stereotypical car salesman.
Follow UP!!

Now Toyota Canada is saying that after reviewing our file we were indeed given an extra $500 dollars off the price but that is the dealerships problem. They also said that we had a hitch written in to our deal but that we have to deal with the dealership to get the hitch. After arguing for a week now they finally went after the dealership and they said they would give us a cheque so we can get it done somewhere else. I am kinda happy with this as i dont want to deal with Aurora Toyota anymore but now i have to go and spend more of my own time shopping around and finding someone to do it.

STAY AWAY FROM AURORA TOYOTA!!
volleyballgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #21
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
i guess you have to know someone in so you can get the proper service..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #22
nick1983

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan
Here in Winnipeg stay away from Sunshine Toyota. Tons of damaged vehicles sold without informing the customer.
nick1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #23
alhope34
Spool'd

Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec
We got our yaris from Scarborough lexus toyota. They have always been very nice and great people there, but maybe thats just because I was doing co-op there when we bought the yaris. Still though, all very very nice and people who actually care about our car.
alhope34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #24
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
I cannot state it enough that you should never deal with Don Valley Toyota under any circumstance. The only reason I keep going back is because I am trying to get to the point where they don't owe me anything and then I will start going elsewhere for service.

A brief synapse of my experience with Don Valley Toyota:

1) Tried delivering a "new" car to us which had damaged paint, a scratched face plate around the stereo, severely scratched steering wheel column where it looked like someone tried to force the key into a make believe ignition switch. This car was replaced with another car.

2) Tried delivering a "new" car with an improperly re-installed b-pillar which that had damaged when they installed the electrochromatic mirror. They blamed Toyota for the problem (Thinking I didn't know they have to remove that pillar for the wiring on the mirror), and gave me a rental car for a day. Then they tried charging me for the gas on the rental car! That was resolved and they said they would give me an ipod adapter for $250 tax incl on my first oil change.

3) Scratched the face plate around the stereo again upon installation of the ipod adapter. I will go back for another oil change so that they can replace the scratched plate.

After that, I will never go back. Luckily I have been dealing with someone there who doesn't often sell cars but manages leases for the Japanese companies in the area. I feel that if I did not have the power of this guys reputation in the Japanese community, I would have been screwed right from square one.

I know service will often be lacking, but this place is a joke. I question the qualifications of everyone in their service department and only hope to god that the next transaction goes smoothly so that I never have to step foot there again!
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:33 PM   #25
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
competition toyota in london, ontario is far from fantastic...thats where i bought my matrix xrs in 2004. i had a lot of problems w/ that car and the service staff was not very helpful at all (they once left me stranded at work w/o a car while they did transmission work on my car)

i then went to toyota town in london, and they were a million times better (though i at one point had to give the shop manager shit for telling me i was 'lucky' for not charging me to fix my window weatherstripping 3 times under warranty), but i set him fucking straight.

bramalea toyota is good in brampton, but i always got mike tarsitano (aka mikes_matrix on matrixowners.com) to work on my car....so i got well taken care of

ive heard lots of good from scarborough toyota as they were nice enough to fix a few tranny issues of xrs owners in that area....