Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #19
jlstale

Drives: yaris hb
Hey thanks again for the reply Scott. Pittsfield is a nice place to visit,but the towns going to Sh*t. I was actually able to get the dealer to read it for me for free. After replacing the occupancy sensor its got another code. Passenger side buckle switch circuit. I have two more questions for you guys... 1) my passenger seatbelt doesn't chime at all,even when someone is sitting there. Could that narrow the issie down any? Also is it hard to take out the bulb for the airbag light? Just to pass inspection. Mine is expired and with Christmas I can't afford anymore repairs... Thanks in advance
jlstale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstale View Post
Hey thanks again for the reply Scott. Pittsfield is a nice place to visit,but the towns going to Sh*t. I was actually able to get the dealer to read it for me for free. After replacing the occupancy sensor its got another code. Passenger side buckle switch circuit. I have two more questions for you guys... 1) my passenger seatbelt doesn't chime at all,even when someone is sitting there. Could that narrow the issie down any? Also is it hard to take out the bulb for the airbag light? Just to pass inspection. Mine is expired and with Christmas I can't afford anymore repairs... Thanks in advance
The indicator is an LED, so you would have to take apart the cluster and cover it with a piece of electrical tape to turn it off. If your state does the inspection by plugging into the OBD connector, then they can read the SRS error and may still fail you.

I have an extra passenger seat buckle if you want to replace it. I could do $25 shipped for it. The lack of chime does make sense with the error code for the buckle.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
jlstale

Sounds like a deal, my email is jesse_staley@yahoo.com if you could send me an invoice for paypal or however you do it ill take care of it as soon as I get home. You think the buckle may be my problem. The "mechanic" at the dealer said that code could be mulitple things
Old 12-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
jlstale

He said it could be the floor wire,buckle or pad in the seat and wouldn't know until he diagnosed it at $84 per hr
Old 12-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #23
jlstale

Actually hold off for a little while on that,I just discovered a broken wire at a connector, I'm going out now to try and fix it. I pray to the yaris gods that it fixes it,ill be the happiest yaris owner out there
I'll keep you guys posted
Old 12-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstale View Post
Actually hold off for a little while on that,I just discovered a broken wire at a connector, I'm going out now to try and fix it. I pray to the yaris gods that it fixes it,ill be the happiest yaris owner out there
I'll keep you guys posted
The mechanic probably snapped it off for you to keep your wallet open for a bit longer.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:35 PM   #25
mik23

Drives: yaris 2005
Can any one help i got a wire broken with yellow connector under passenger seat

What type of connector is this and how to take out or connect cables to it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
mik23 is offline   Reply With Quote