Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-16-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Just want to make sure I have this correct.

Crap radio reception is nothing new.I decided to make sure my antenna amplifier is getting power.If you look at pic with arrow,this connector has a blue wire that I connected 12 volts to.After reading all the atennna/radio reception posts this should be correct?

P.S If I physically touch the radio/headunit I get really good reception.As soon as I let go reception is lost.And yes antenna is connected to back of radio.

https://i.imgur.com/GYwFUQD.jpg

UPDATE:Seeing I have my radio direct power with toggle switch I found the issue.I rerouted power wire so it was is further from any other wires aswell as shortening length.I know have way better reception.

Last edited by Pinchlite; 04-18-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote