Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
Stupid floor matt

I have an 09 Yaris, the clips that are supposed to hold down the floor matt don't stay latched. The floor matt always interferes with the clutch. Is there any good way to fix this problem?
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
I have an 09 Yaris, the clips that are supposed to hold down the floor matt don't stay latched. The floor matt always interferes with the clutch. Is there any good way to fix this problem?
lol wut ? you are either moving around yer feets too much

or it needs to go back to the dealer and have it fixed....
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
take it back and have NEW floor clips installed....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
jefferelli

Drives: 08 Yaris HB
Have you seen the weathertech floormats for the Yari's. I picked up a set for the front seats and love them. They are molded to fit perfect and do not slide at all. You do give up that carpet feel. But I still prefer them as I live in Seattle and contantly am tracking debris into the car. Here is a link that had some pics in case your interested.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ht=weathertech
jefferelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Is this the Toyota floor mat? I ask because I find it a little difficult to get them off of the clips when I want to remove them for cleaning so I'm curious how they keep coming off of the clips through normal use.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2009 Yaris Onyx
I agree with ROCKLAND TOYOTA, I have a 09 also with no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferelli View Post
Have you seen the weathertech floormats for the Yari's.
I ordered some WeatherTech front floorliners on 12/30/09, they build to order ( which I didn't know when I ordered mine ) and as of 1/14/10 they still haven't made mine. I called WeatherTech Thursday and the guy said they probably would ship late next week......I've heard that before . BTW, what really sucks is they have no problem charging your CC as soon as you place an order, getting what you already paid for is another thing.

Last edited by DARK AGE 53; 01-16-2010 at 03:54 PM.
DARK AGE 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
DerFlosser

Drives: Yaris
The mats I have are just fine. You would really have to be "happy feet" to move/break the clips enough for the mat to liberate and interfere with pedals.
DerFlosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:21 AM   #8
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
I have the same problem with my floor mats on my 07 Yaris. I guess for all the skinny people out there the clips are sufficient, but when you weigh over 400 pounds, 6 feet 4 tall and have size 15 feet those clips are not strong enough.

Apart from the weight, it's the twisting of getting in an out of the car that moves the mat, not normal driving.

I have not come up with a soultion (apart from weight loss) to keep the mat from moving. I don't really want to put double sided tape down as I don't want to rip carpet up if it dont work.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote