Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-09-2006, 04:29 AM   #1
g00b
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 3 Door Liftback
Installing a stereo?!

Just got my new Liftback Yaris. Super basic model, stick, nothin' else. Lovin' it so far, way peppier then I expected. Time to get a stereo installed. Does the Yaris already have the wiring harness installed? Will a standard new stereo fit the existing plug? I see the 4 obvious speaker mount locations, what size speakers fit? I'm pretty handy with electronics but it's pretty cheap to just get the stereo installed if it's much of a hassle. Any stereo recomendations? MP3 decoding is necassary and an aux line-in would be nice. Doesn't have to be super loud, just decent fidelity. Trying to keep it fairly cheap here.

I'll probably get one of those scanguage thingies too, where's the OBD2 connector?

Thanks!
g00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Check out my pics for an example of a new H/U install. I have a new specialty series Sony unit that plays MP3, its awsome. You will need a best kits wiring harness for toyotas 2000+ they are also simple to install.
The hardest part is finding a trim kit to fit or custom making your own like I did.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote