Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-27-2013, 04:24 AM   #1
A1phazu1u

Drives: Black 07 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Power Mirror Wiring

My 07 sedan doesn't have the pre-installed wiring for the power mirrors. I can figure out how to wire it myself, but my question is; does anyone know how much voltage should be running through the switch? Thanks in advance
A1phazu1u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
MickZEL

Drives: Yaris sedan
as elsewhere 12V
Old 02-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1phazu1u View Post
My 07 sedan doesn't have the pre-installed wiring for the power mirrors. I can figure out how to wire it myself, but my question is; does anyone know how much voltage should be running through the switch? Thanks in advance
Is the wiring missing in the doors or is it missing for the switch?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
A1phazu1u

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Is the wiring missing in the doors or is it missing for the switch?
Both good sir.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Both good sir.
Really? I wonder if that is a sedan thing, as the liftbacks without power mirrors definitely are prewired. I wonder if anyone else with a non-power sedan has tried upgrading the mirrors?

To see the door wire connector you have to pull the door panel:
Mirror Connector.jpg

The switch connector was taped to the harness at the top of the under-dash fuse panel:
Switch Connector.jpg

If you remove the driver's side kick panel and look at the bottom connector, do you have the black and sky blue wires on the top left of the connector shown here?

Kick Panel Connectors.jpg
Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
the liftbacks without power mirrors definitely are prewired.
Is this the case for all model years re the USDM 2nd generation liftbacks?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
Is this the case for all model years re the USDM 2nd generation liftbacks?
As far as I know - Yes. I know for sure that 08 and 09 liftbacks without power are prewired, but I haven't seen for sure with 07. If your 07 doesn't have power, check for the switch connector, as that one only requires popping the change cup.

MicZel has an 07 Sedan, that was a USDM Yaris that eventually made its way to Russia. His is pre-wired, as I am in the process of sending him a care package to convert his mirrors to power.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #8
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
The next time I remove my door panel, I'll see if mine is pre-wired as my car came with nothing, no power anything, no ABS, etc. I'll try to look tomorrow at the interior fuse box to see if I have those wires.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #9
A1phazu1u

@CTScott
I have no such wiring :(
Old 02-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
@CTScott
I have no such wiring :(
Interesting. If you still want to use the power mirrors, I have the harness from the switch to the mirrors available. You would then just need to run the three wires from the kick panel into the doors.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #11
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Hmmmm... This is the single one issue that irks me the most about mine, that there aren't even manual remote adjusters for the mirrors. If you're saying they're pre-wired... I'm gonna go and check :)
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
Kar98

Quote:
As far as I know - Yes. I know for sure that 08 and 09 liftbacks without power are prewired, but I haven't seen for sure with 07. If your 07 doesn't have power, check for the switch connector, as that one only requires popping the change cup.

MicZel has an 07 Sedan, that was a USDM Yaris that eventually made its way to Russia. His is pre-wired, as I am in the process of sending him a care package to convert his mirrors to power.
And what, good sir, would this care package contain, he asked, wondering how complicated it would be to convert non adjustable mirrors to power mirrors.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
And what, good sir, would this care package contain, he asked, wondering how complicated it would be to convert non adjustable mirrors to power mirrors.
The package contained all kinds of goodies! For the power mirror conversion, literally all that is required (provided that you car is pre-wired) is the remote mirror switch ($50 to $100 depending on new or used) and about $40 each for good quality, new, aftermarket mirrors.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #14
Kar98

So, like these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outside-Side...b0e26b&vxp=mtr

Image for future reference:

http://i.imgur.com/0bNTJqh.jpg
Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Exactly. Did you check and verify that you are pre-wired?
Old 04-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #16
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Interesting. If you still want to use the power mirrors, I have the harness from the switch to the mirrors available. You would then just need to run the three wires from the kick panel into the doors.
hi scott, to put the power mirrors we have here in manila is in my pipeline. but the ones we have here are power retract with turn signal indicators. does the wiring that you're selling have any difference? how much are you giving it away for anyway?

also, i havent checked the skyblue and black wires that you mentioned, but i don't have the big connector hidden anywhere near the junction box (behind the removable sunglass holder (?))

jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
hi scott, to put the power mirrors we have here in manila is in my pipeline. but the ones we have here are power retract with turn signal indicators. does the wiring that you're selling have any difference? how much are you giving it away for anyway?

also, i havent checked the skyblue and black wires that you mentioned, but i don't have the big connector hidden anywhere near the junction box (behind the removable sunglass holder (?))
If you don't have the connector for the power mirrors, then it makes sense that the sky blue and black wires are missing as well. With the harness that I have you would need to add two additional pins to the connector for the folding.

For the turn signals, you would have to wire them directly to the wiring that feeds the front and rear turn signals. I could do $30 + shipping for the harness, including the two extra pins.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #18
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
why do you know more than i do about my own car? LOL. yes i don't have those sky blue and black wires on the kick panel. just wondering, isnt the retract supposed to go into a module (that the switch's retract button activates)?

thanks for the quote, i don't have money to burn yet for this upgrade, (although i can afford the wiring, thanks to you) i'll let you know once i've saved up for the mirrors.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote