Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-16-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Grantstead

Drives: '07 white hatchback.
Window won't work after changing speakers

I took the door panels off and replaced my front speakers. Changed nothing else. I put everything back together...the new speakers sound great, but now the passenger power window won't work at all. Driver's side window works perfectly, but the passenger window doesn't budge, whine, or anything else to indicate it's trying to raise. If it were stuck up, wouldn't be a huge deal; it's Texas during the summer, A/C is a must. But it's stuck down, which means no effective A/C for me until I can get it to go back up. I made sure the wiring harness clicked fully into place, and I tried the controls on the driver's door, too, to no avail. Nothing is obstructing the window's path so far as I can tell. I'm at a loss, and not looking forward to driving around with no air conditioning. Any ideas?

EDIT: A friend of mine's helped me determine that the plug's providing power, and the motor's working. By connecting the thing directly to a power source we were able to get it to go back up, though the controls still don't work.

Last edited by Grantstead; 07-17-2011 at 01:07 AM.
Grantstead is offline   Reply With Quote