Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #1
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Question Help accessing RS front and (rear) fog lamps

Hi all.

I want to do HID conversion for my fog lamps. For some reason there is no information in my user manual about even accessing to remove the fog lamp bulbs. I had a look and the my RS fog lamps are bit different to the normal Yaris fog lamps. Can someone give me advice on how to access them ?

Also, according to my manual the rear bumper reflectors are also rear fog lamps. I checked and I see no wiring or bulb there, but I have seen other RS with them illuminated. I tried to remove it today to see if I can wire it up but man it was a nightmare. After removing the 2 nuts I couldn't get it to come out. I already broke a clip there. Does anyone know how to remove it ?

thanks.
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:21 AM   #2
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Arrow

I figured out how to do the front fog lamps. I just completed my front fog HID conversion. Basically just need to take the entire front bumper off (thanks to the yarisworld member who put up a video on how to take off yaris bumper). For the JDM Vitz RS, its pretty much identical procedure but there are some clips and screws in different location.

See the pics:

oh and concerning the rear fog lights I think I have to remove the rear bumper. Another adventure for another day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg foglight bumperoff.jpg (170.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg foglight ballast.jpg (175.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg foglight comparison.jpg (157.7 KB, 37 views)
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote