Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Another new guy to the Yaris world

Literally bought this thing yesterday and been working since so I haven't had time to really get acquainted.

Long time car enthusiast, owned over 27 cars ( have a problem) The list is extensive and rather ADHD ranging from a 74 Plymouth duster ( with a mild 318) to a 91 foxbody, over to like 4 S-chassis nissans one with a v8 swap the other with a supercharged KA, 3 rotaries, an m3 and more Subaru's than one man should really admit and throw in two or three Hondas and an 87 C10 with a 454...

All that to say, this is my very first Toyota and first b segment car ( you could argue the 97 civic but..... eh) Ive done a few driving schools and even the DirtFish rally school up in washington state, and now With me having more time on land I bought a cheap "seattime" car to get myself back out on the track.

Hope to see you all out and around. Ill be in and out of San Diego for the most part.

First question is where can I find a shop that has racing seats on display. My ample patookus wont fit most smaller seats.

Bonus image of a quickie gazoo racing styled yaris livery thing,
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Welcome!

Good looking little Yaris. Looks lowered and I really dig the RPF1's (I'm bias lol).

You've had quite the list of cars! You're a little farther south than most of us (up in the OC/LA/IE areas) but maybe we can rope you into one of the next SoCal meets.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #3
Runethecursed

Just let me know!
and those are Kosei K1 racing TS rims. I do plan on relifting the thing to clear my drive way, if it does that it should be good for the long speed bumps I have to deal with, and also reset the suspension geometry since right now things are weird. throttle down though the car just sticks and sticks, Also looking for a short throw shifter and extender for the shift knob as for me it sits a little low
Old 02-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #4
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runethecursed View Post
Just let me know!
and those are Kosei K1 racing TS rims. I do plan on relifting the thing to clear my drive way, if it does that it should be good for the long speed bumps I have to deal with, and also reset the suspension geometry since right now things are weird. throttle down though the car just sticks and sticks, Also looking for a short throw shifter and extender for the shift knob as for me it sits a little low
I love the stance it has now but if you can't clear the driveway, that's not gonna work.

I thought the wheels might be the Kosei version of that design based on the shape (very subtle difference). Either way, they look fantastic and I hear they're nearly on par with the Enkei's from a quality perspective. Several folks on the forum have run them over the years and I've only heard good things.

Interesting about the shift knob/sick height. I've always felt it was a little tall.

Keep an eye on the official SoCal thread for upcoming meets and I'll try to remember to drop you a PM if we firm something up

On Wheelwell
Old 02-19-2018, 07:18 PM   #5
Runethecursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I love the stance it has now but if you can't clear the driveway, that's not gonna work.

I thought the wheels might be the Kosei version of that design based on the shape (very subtle difference). Either way, they look fantastic and I hear they're nearly on par with the Enkei's from a quality perspective. Several folks on the forum have run them over the years and I've only heard good things.

Interesting about the shift knob/sick height. I've always felt it was a little tall.

Keep an eye on the official SoCal thread for upcoming meets and I'll try to remember to drop you a PM if we firm something up
Thanks much! and yeah im a taller guy so I sit higher in the car, working with Pann auto and a status seat to get me lower and a wheel to fit my knees under might help with the shifter. I found Garm on ebay and shot him an email about his short throw shifter, and hit up twm for a shift knob extender. I want the shifter to be damn near next to the wheel, as Ill have my ebrake handle just outside of that area and want my hands kept up, for me I have to reach down to shift
Old 02-19-2018, 07:56 PM   #6
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runethecursed View Post
Thanks much! and yeah im a taller guy so I sit higher in the car, working with Pann auto and a status seat to get me lower and a wheel to fit my knees under might help with the shifter. I found Garm on ebay and shot him an email about his short throw shifter, and hit up twm for a shift knob extender. I want the shifter to be damn near next to the wheel, as Ill have my ebrake handle just outside of that area and want my hands kept up, for me I have to reach down to shift
Garm is the man. Hopefully he can help out.

On Wheelwell
Old 02-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
deng
Radical Dreamer

Drives: off of T9
Cool cars, lots of experience, and knows how to drive.

Welcome!

Gotta say, I miss rwd, and itching for another one. I had a '00 GS400 that I R154 swapped, the v8 was fun, but that was such a shitty transmission.

I'd contact Winding Road Racing in Fountain Valley, I think they had race seats set up on display the last time i saw their instagram post.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:35 PM   #8
Runethecursed

Decided to opt for the readily available NRG bucket 300 series, Its not FIA rated but its cheap enough to install and get me some experience with what measurements I like. I stried the status seats and omp and its like... if my thighs fit its not long enough for my legs or its too low for the shoulders. and if i fit height wise the thighs are squished. maybe i could just stop eating for a few weeks...

in anycase I found Garm on ebay and emptied out his shifter stuff for the car, and now am talking to my own friend at WC lathe werks for a taller shift knob, my goal is to shorten up the shifting as much as possible with raising the shift knob closer to my wheel.

once I get the knob, seat and wheel all tall person friendly I can really start messing with the car and see what needs sorted next (inbeforethebreakingofstuff)